Consumer reports : Cars not to buy 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: 440Magnum
Originally Posted By: Pop_Rivit
I have better things to do than read the drivel from Consumer Reports.

And if I didn't have something better to do I'd need to re evaluate my life. Can't believe people still give that rag credibility.

Yes LOL, Consumer Reports the "Experts" for people who cant think for themselves.
May be useful for analyzing which brand of paper towel to buy, but useless for evaluating cars.

My parakeet recommends CR for quality cage lining!

Originally Posted By: VNTS
Originally Posted By: 440Magnum
Originally Posted By: Pop_Rivit
I have better things to do than read the drivel from Consumer Reports.

And if I didn't have something better to do I'd need to re evaluate my life. Can't believe people still give that rag credibility.

Yes LOL, Consumer Reports the "Experts" for people who cant think for themselves.
May be useful for analyzing which brand of paper towel to buy, but useless for evaluating cars.

My parakeet recommends CR for quality cage lining!

I have found it to be good for puppies also...

Originally Posted By: ls1mike
Eh, just another list, but the Armada 13 MPG! Holy .... My 3/4 ton gas pickup does better than that. It must be a heavy vehicle.

Rented once Armada for 600 mile trip. OMG, I think you can see fuel gauge going down.
As far as Tacoma is concerned, I am not pick-up fan, but isn't that the same vehicle as Toyota Hilux, or different?
I know that they use in Bosnia Toyota Hilux for SAR purposes, and after switching to them from various other vehicles, they are most satisfied with them (diesel engine of course).

Originally Posted By: OneEyeJack
It looks like FIAT is well represented in this list with their 500L and all the their Jeeps.

The surprise is the Toyota Tacoma. It may be all they say it is but I see those trucks all over the place. They appear to be very popular.

Guess people arent listening, America loves its jeeps, sales records every month since 2013 LOL

http://allparnews.com/index.php/2015/06/jeeps-best-may-ever-28868

http://www.toledoblade.com/Automotive/2015/06/03/Jeep-brand-behind-May-sales-surge.html

Originally Posted By: edyvw
Originally Posted By: ls1mike
Eh, just another list, but the Armada 13 MPG! Holy .... My 3/4 ton gas pickup does better than that. It must be a heavy vehicle.

Rented once Armada for 600 mile trip. OMG, I think you can see fuel gauge going down.
As far as Tacoma is concerned, I am not pick-up fan, but isn't that the same vehicle as Toyota Hilux, or different?
I know that they use in Bosnia Toyota Hilux for SAR purposes, and after switching to them from various other vehicles, they are most satisfied with them (diesel engine of course).

The Hilux is for other markets. The Tacoma is for North America. They are most certainly different.

I bought a new Nissan Frontier S, 2.5 in January partly because Consumer Reports rated them better than the Tacoma and also due to the fact that they can be had well under sticker price. Mine has the preferred package so it has a reasonable stereo, AC, etc. Only the 2.5, manual trans model can be had without a radio and AC. The Frontier has changed very little in the last 10 model years and the 4 cylinder models have been giving good service and with much better fuel economy than the V6. With the state of diesel engine emissions requirements in the US I am very skeptical about buying any new small diesel even if it were available.

Like the Altima without a radio you can also get a Jetta without one. Those stripped down models generally aren't advertised nor are they popular with buyers. They are generally seen as fleet vehicles.

Originally Posted By: Char Baby
Which year Altima do you have? ^^^

I just bought a Certified Pre Owned 2015 Altima 2.5 "SV"...(actually a dealer loaner/fleet car) with 3000 miles on the OD. It was $7000 off sticker($26,300, marked down to $19,295). A good deal and a 7 yr/100 powertrain warranty.

The dealer had other 2015 Altimas with even less miles. One in particular was a 2.5 "S" with...1234 miles!
smile.gif
Yep, 1234 miles. It too was marked down $7000 from it's sticker($24400/$17400). And, it too was Nissan Certified Pre Owned(CPO) w/ 0.9% for 36 months. Only the brand new could be had for 0% for up to 72 months. A good deal if they hold up better than expected!
laugh.gif

I will see how thing go as I do like the car and had wonderful luck with my past '04 2.5 S even though it too was one of the more unreliable vehicles in it's category!

I do know that the infotainment systems in vehicles are bringing down their reliability but in Nissan's case, their CVT is adding fuel to the fire! :-/

They were mainly referring to the V6 Altima, and even that I think is a little over blown. The 3.5 V6 is not new, and has a good reputation. My moms redesigned for 07 1st year Altima has been rock solid for 130k.

Originally Posted By: hatt
What's the deal with the Armada's mpg. Never understood that. I think a V10 Excursion gets better. I lol every time my sister complains about her Q56 drinking gas.

Took my Titan on it's first Rd trip 2 weeks ago. I got a hand calculated 19mpg with the cruise control set at 70mph on the way to my destination.

On the way back I sent the cruise at 73mph, and got 19.5 mpg. Not earth shattering numbers, but inline with other V8 trucks that don't have cylinder deactivation.

My dash readout shows an average of 14-15 for city driving. I don't keep up with city mileage as it is not a daily driver. Have a lead foot then yes the numbers will drop fast.

The 5.6 sure does deliver satisfying power though.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Anthony
Originally Posted By: Char Baby
Which year Altima do you have? ^^^

I just bought a Certified Pre Owned 2015 Altima 2.5 "SV"...(actually a dealer loaner/fleet car) with 3000 miles on the OD. It was $7000 off sticker($26,300, marked down to $19,295). A good deal and a 7 yr/100 powertrain warranty.

The dealer had other 2015 Altimas with even less miles. One in particular was a 2.5 "S" with...1234 miles!
smile.gif
Yep, 1234 miles. It too was marked down $7000 from it's sticker($24400/$17400). And, it too was Nissan Certified Pre Owned(CPO) w/ 0.9% for 36 months. Only the brand new could be had for 0% for up to 72 months. A good deal if they hold up better than expected!
laugh.gif

I will see how thing go as I do like the car and had wonderful luck with my past '04 2.5 S even though it too was one of the more unreliable vehicles in it's category!

I do know that the infotainment systems in vehicles are bringing down their reliability but in Nissan's case, their CVT is adding fuel to the fire! :-/

They were mainly referring to the V6 Altima, and even that I think is a little over blown. The 3.5 V6 is not new, and has a good reputation. My moms redesigned for 07 1st year Altima has been rock solid for 130k.

smile.gif
Right! I do realize that the article mentioned specifically the V6 Altima and not the 4 cyl. We'll see how this goes!

Originally Posted By: hattaresguy
So wait the Tacoma is not a good truck because it drives like a truck and has ground clearance?

Yeah, pretty much. Their biggest beef with the Jeep Wrangler seems to be, "It's not a Camry."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back