Motorcraft FL-910s, 5k OCI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nothing much to see here, looks good except for the uneven pleats on the seam side. ADBV nice and pliable. No tears that I could see and PLENTY of glue on the end caps holding the media in place.
uGk1L2T.jpg

ul0s1Ay.jpg

BpJISP6.jpg

Going to 10k OCI's, replaced with a Fram Ultra

Like you said... It looks good for the most part. Man, the oil on the filter looks pretty clean looking. Wow. Maybe I'm seeing that wrong but it looked really clean.

Originally Posted By: bbhero
Like you said... It looks good for the most part. Man, the oil on the filter looks pretty clean looking. Wow. Maybe I'm seeing that wrong but it looked really clean.

Dealer installed bulk Valvoline 5w-20, OLM was set to 5k but it could have certainly gone longer. Car is driven 70% highway/30% city.

That's a good ratio of 70\30... Of course how you take care of it explains why oil looked so good too. Not running way long with it helps. But like you said it could have gone farther.

Originally Posted By: Nate1979
Why does it look like they skimp on pleats near the seam?

Because they can't seem to space the pleats evenly. Purolators have plenty of media ... but pleat spacing isn't uniform. It's a factor that contributes to torn media.

One said looks perfect, the other is missing about 8-10 pleats. I wouldn't use that filter if I saw the seam side prior.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back