Pikes Peak and Victory

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: holdorf333
On topic note: I'd like to see EBR get involved with Victory Racing. I know he's trying to do his own thing, but I don't think the company will sell very well.

I think EBR is defunct?

Originally Posted By: BigCahuna
Kinda hard to have a thread about something that as of right now, doesn't exist. Harley on the other hand, has lots of racing history to read about.,,

Harley was started in 1903 and Victory started churning out bikes in 1998...when you have 95 years more existence as a company...it is pretty obvious that they have more history.

Every program has to start somewhere. That is like saying Ford is better than Porsche because Ford had a longer history of racing.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Robenstein
Kinda hard to have a thread about something that as of right now, doesn't exist. Harley on the other hand, has lots of racing history to read about.,,

Harley was started in 1903 and Victory started churning out bikes in 1998...when you have 95 years more existence as a company...it is pretty obvious that they have more history.

Every program has to start somewhere. That is like saying Ford is better than Porsche because Ford had a longer history of racing.
Seems like alot of people think victory has been around forever. I guess someone has to clue them into the fact that all their riders are older then the company itself. And just now, they are going in every direction trying to impress some people. So Yeah, I don't understand why you said that, but if it helps you justify getting excited over something that hasn't happened, go for it.,,,

I think you seriously misread my statement....either on accident or on purpose. When is 1998 a long time ago?

And why does the time even matter? Lots of companies had long racing histories and got their butts handed to them by new "upstarts". The Brit makers come to mind when the Japanese bike invasion came along.

How about we just be happy another company is getting into racing and give them a chance?

Seems like alot of people think victory has been around forever. I guess someone has to clue them into the fact that all their riders are older then the company itself. And just now, they are going in every direction trying to impress some people. So Yeah, I don't understand why you said that, but if it helps you justify getting excited over something that hasn't happened, go for it.,,,

LOL, so what?
KTM exists since 1970, and today they are the biggest of the European manufacturers.
Quality is top notch, their "Ready to race" slogan is no joke either. Try beating them at the Dakar rally.
Due to the price, most of the KTM bikes are ridden by folks older than the factory. Again, so what?

Originally Posted By: alarmguy
Originally Posted By: whip

If I buy a Polaris bike, will they dump the model or lineup down the road or not? That is what bothers me.

What did you end up buying?

I ended up with a 14 Road King.

Polaris killing the water sports line bothered you, but you were OK with Harley killing Buell?

Originally Posted By: DuckRyder
So apparently this engine is Scout based.

I can't see an effort to beat Ducati as cheap, Ducati is not likely to take it laying down either, in order to justify that sort investment, one would think there must be a payoff in the form of some tie to a production model (IE Ducatis "Pikes Peak").

I don't see them beating Ducati. Pardon the pun, but that's a big mountain to climb. Either way, I'm excited to see them race.

Quote:
As many have already predicted with Indians foothold pretty clear, I think we see a more clear delineation in the divisions and probably a thinning of the Victory cruiser line in favor of something else... What exactly that something else includes remains to be seen.

I don't think the Victory cruiser line will thin out, but I am hoping to see other bikes added. An ADV style bike would be awesome.

Originally Posted By: DuckRyder
Originally Posted By: holdorf333
On topic note: I'd like to see EBR get involved with Victory Racing. I know he's trying to do his own thing, but I don't think the company will sell very well.

I think EBR is defunct?

Sadly yes.

Seems like alot of people think victory has been around forever.

Show me one person in this thread that thinks that. If you have to make up facts to prove your point, you never had a point.

I know you'll ignore this post. Silence speaks more than anything you could ever type.

Show me one person in this thread that thinks that. If you have to make up facts to prove your point, you never had a point.

I know you'll ignore this post. Silence speaks more than anything you could ever type.
How about you? Getting all excited about things that have been done thousands of times by other bike makers, years ago. But you still chose to be defensive of them even tho they haven't done anything of consequence. Will you still be posting how great they are if they don't suceed in their attempts with the any of their dreams? I wouldn't be surprised if polaris dropped them from the lineup if they don't make something happen after pumping all their money into those ventures. Lets see where they are a year from now.,,

Originally Posted By: Atesz792

LOL, so what?
KTM exists since 1970, and today they are the biggest of the European manufacturers.
Quality is top notch, their "Ready to race" slogan is no joke either. Try beating them at the Dakar rally.
Due to the price, most of the KTM bikes are ridden by folks older than the factory. Again, so what?
So your saying you think victory is a better bike then KTM'S? And has a chance against the other bikes competing in the Dakar Rally?.,,

Originally Posted By: Atesz792

LOL, so what?
So your saying you think victory is a better bike then KTM'S? And has a chance against the other bikes competing in the Dakar Rally?.,,

Where on Earth did you read that? I just brought up something similar from around here... comparing them right now is apples to oranges (pun intended - those who know KTM will get it).

You like HD, got it. As if anyone needed a reminder.

Better head over to the oil filter threads, someone may have posted something about (whatever brand you don't like) filters' development program!

Last edited:

If I buy a Polaris bike, will they dump the model or lineup down the road or not? That is what bothers me.

What did you end up buying?

I ended up with a 14 Road King.

Polaris killing the water sports line bothered you, but you were OK with Harley killing Buell?

Never thought about the Buell line being killed come to think of it. No question about it, I would have been upset if I owned a Buell.
What did bother me about Victory, is it would have impacted me, they killed the Crossroads as it was labeled and made it an 8 Ball Crossroads and now what was their premium Victory line made to compete with Harley has been replaced by another premium brand Indian. I would have felt cheated as it seems all the big cruiser glory is now going to Indian and I think we can all agree to say any model in the Victory label is an unknown.

Let me stress I have Nothing against Polaris but if I am to buy a big ticket cruiser I would like to know its going to be around in a stable platform. I loved the Crossroads as far as how it fit me/comfort, but I'm glad I didn't end up with it as I saw dealers slashing prices to get them off the floor. (Approx.1.5 years ago)
With all this said, we all win when companies compete.

Last edited:
That's the problem with companies like Honda, Kawasaki, Suzuki,Yamaha, and polaris. They have their hands in too many pots. And as soon as one product doesn't perform they way they think it should, they kill it off to keep the stockholders happy.So the competition among brands thing doesn't get a chance. They drop it ,cut their losses and move onto the next gimmick, I mean product that will revolutionize boating/snowmobiling/lawn mowing/ atv-ing ect. When you have one product you sell you can't afford to drop it from the product lineup. Polaris has a bunch and would shut it down without blinking twice. Just like the others I mentioned. Why do I say that? because they've done it before. Leaving customers wondering what happened?.,,

How about you? Getting all excited about things that have been done thousands of times by other bike makers, years ago. But you still chose to be defensive of them even tho they haven't done anything of consequence. Will you still be posting how great they are if they don't suceed in their attempts with the any of their dreams? I wouldn't be surprised if polaris dropped them from the lineup if they don't make something happen after pumping all their money into those ventures. Lets see where they are a year from now.,,

How is it possible to type so many words, yet say nothing? It was a simple question, yet you can't answer it.....

That's the problem with companies like Honda, Kawasaki, Suzuki,Yamaha, and polaris. They have their hands in too many pots. And as soon as one product doesn't perform they way they think it should, they kill it off to keep the stockholders happy.

What product line has Honda, Kawasaki, or Yamaha killed off?

Feel free to ignore that question also.

Originally Posted By: TopFuel
I knew when I saw "Victory" in the topic line... that it was DooRag troll bait.

Not trolling. Just sharing info about a motorcycle company doing something exciting.

Uh oh, ... not really interested in this discussion but need to speak as I was spoke too a few threads up, then saw the post about what did the metrics kill off. (if that makes any sense)

You all can confirm it yourselves, I REALLY dont care, I bought a Road King. Im pretty sure Yamaha has killed off the Road Star, Stratoliner and Roadliner, at least for 2015.

and ... Kawasaki seems to have killed off the "Nomad" name for 2015. There is no more Nomad 1700 but they still offer the fairing models. IRONICALLY besides the Victory Cross Roads, the Nomad 1700 was another contender but I ended up with the Road King.

To add some creditably to this statement I ONLY was considering these 3 models because of my requirement of a six speed transmission and no fairing. To the best of my knowledge it was only these 3 models offered. Then the new Harley Rushmore bikes hit the streets and reviews. Knew it was the Road King for me. But, I am a bit of a Yami fan and the Road Star was right up there, yet didnt have that 6th gear.

Last edited:
Well Harley killed off the ENTIRE Buell line....and dumped MV Agusta which they owned for about 2 years before selling off.

Harley on its main line of bikes kills off sub models. I recall "the deuce" as being one softail model booted after a few years.

None of these are criticisms of Harley, that is just the way business is done in a capitalist system. It is more a complaint against the fanboys that bash other companies when their preferred company is guilty of doing the same thing.

BTW...currently riding a Harley myself while I have the Triumph in for some custom work.

Originally Posted By: Robenstein
BTW...currently riding a Harley myself while I have the Triumph in for some custom work.

Ah .. I forgot, you have a Triumph too. You know when I read your post I went right to the Triumph site to see what they had for me. I forgot all about them and remember whenever they updated one of their bikes, always got good reviews.
Thing is, in my new life here in SC, moved here 10 years ago from NY. Its hard to find some good local dealers with the lessor known name brands. I would LOVE to own/try a Thunderbird. IN fact, cr+p, if there is ever another bike I may want to try, that would be the one. Something like the Thunderbird Lt (minus the whitewalls and spokes) But again, its a tough problem with no dealer support.
Here it is and has a 6th gear

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back