ATF to put in a 2003 Toyota Corolla ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi again,

Thank you Oro_O for helping me compare the two main options i have. Here oils are not cheap at all, for example most 5w30 are about 8€/L and if you go for longlife 0w's it's more like 11€/L...

So i looked and Mobil 3309 is 10€/L, toyota T-IV would probably be found exclusively at toyota dealers and super expensive too. I can find a lot of equivalent 3309 / T-IV oil, but it's Ravenol, addinol, germanol, rowe, and so on recycled bases oil. It's around 5€/L

sw99

I would like to know exactly how you did the flush procedure, i checked out, people put oil in gearbox, start it with cooler hose off, and wait for oil to gargle out... I would be so scared to let the oil pump starve !! If you remember which hose goes which way in and out, and what size of filter you used, that would be awesome.

Thank you.
I'm still scared of letting the pump eat all the oil before cutting the engine.
I ordered the maxlife. I'm getting the car this sunday. After that, I'll have to change the engine oil, the 2 front tires and the front brakes (discs and pads) to get it in almost perfect working order. I'm glad, except for the passenger side that the previous 80-90 years old lady owner severly scratched, it's really fine.

Originally Posted By: GuillaumeG
Thank you.
I'm still scared of letting the pump eat all the oil before cutting the engine.

I understand your concern. I actually began filling the ATF while the old fluid was pumping out. I used the cheapo walmart ATF for this purpose. After it was dark red, I switched to ML for a few and then sealed it all up and topped it off. That way the pump never goes dry and you have all new fluid.

FWIW, I've used Mobil 1 ATF in my 2002 Toyota Tacoma since new and it has over 180K miles on it now. I've done a drain/fill every 30K miles. Of course, 2002 Tacomas called for DexIII. Apparently 2003 Corollas are different.

Toyota T-IV, but Castrol multi-vehicle dex/merc is a good inexpensive replacement. I have switched to Amsoil multi-vehicle ATF in mine and it works excellent.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back