Victory is going racing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Having read the last 4 pages, I am truly impressed with how patriotic some of you guys are, I wish more in this country were like that! Now, with that said...what are your thoughts on the Street range being built in India?

Originally Posted By: hpb
Having read the last 4 pages, I am truly impressed with how patriotic some of you guys are, I wish more in this country were like that! Now, with that said...what are your thoughts on the Street range being built in India?

Ill never own one, doesnt matter to me, If it matters to anyone, if you live in the USA, you will get a USA made Street. Outside the USA will be from India, corporations need to do what they have to do, did you know India has steep import tarriffs?
Harley makes a wide range of bikes in India and has really grabbed market share in the heavy weight market. I say Yeah for them!
Click here for the article

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: BigCahuna
Once again Victory is trying to copy a idea Harley had first. All they need to do is either have an original idea, or finish.,,

I don't think there are any original ideas actually. Every idea we currently exploit is a for of someone else's idea that was built on by someone before them.
So this copy thing isn't really a sound position to choose to defend.
Just sayin

Lets see Harley in business since 1903, victory in business since 1997?. Yeah I guess your right , There's no way victory could have copied any of Harley's ideas or concepts in their 18 years of existence. What was I thinking?.,,

Lets see Harley in business since 1903, victory in business since 1997?. Yeah I guess your right , There's no way victory could have copied any of Harley's ideas or concepts in their 18 years of existence. What was I thinking?.,,

Dude.

Do you seriously believe anything today whether they are a marketing idea or whatever is truly new.
Who cares how long victory has been in business. Are you going to accuse another oem of "copying" harley if they advertise on that television box thingy?
Or how about if a different company takes out an add in the paper,just like harley does.

Cahuna. I like you. However you are very typical harley owner Spouting bias and whatever nonsense you've implied in this and many other threads.
Just stop it already.
Or carry on. The mornings been slow til now.....

Why is it when I disprove what someone is saying , I'm Bias? or bashing?. If people fail to believe history, why is that aceppted? Harley needs to advertise as much as Mc donalds needs to advertise, who doesn't know about them?. And who disproved the point I made about Harley bringing their electric bike to dealers for test rides? And are considering putting the bike into production. That sounds like more of a noteworthy story then victory trying to race 1 electric bike they've cobbled together. All I hear is lots of negativity when I shoot down the non sense others state here. Then get told to stop it?. I know I can't wait for more pearls of wisdom from you. Please enlighten us by telling us how wrong we are.,,,

"Union Made in the USA" is not the same as "Made in the USA" legally as far as the government is concerned. They can get by with that phrase because they altered the phrase in a way where it can be interpreted as it is union assembled at plants in the United States. Leatherup.com even had a blog from 2013 where it posted that Harley did not meet the "Made in the USA" standards that year and posted a link to a site that rates such things. It is on the website this year, but with a disclaimer. I am betting some models don't make the grade and some still are. In particular I bet the new Street 500 and 750 models will not be.

Another clever marketing trick.

It is a global economy people....let it go. Your hog is built with a bunch of Mexican, Japanese, Italian, and Chinese parts along with American ones. As long as the quality control is there...it should not matter. Very few vehicles meet the legal standards these days. And it is just one way the company is able to remain profitable.

Last edited:
So why the boner for Harley? It's a motorcycle company, is your life really that sad and shallow that you judge others based on what brand of motorcycle they own and dispense glib "insults" regarding that person's level of money they are willing to spend and tying it (somehow) to a pride issue? Holy [censored] guy, ease up. Life is too short to get all twisted up about motorcycle brands. Time to get laid or smoke some CO products or something.

Last edited:
After seeing first hand the misery that goes along w/outsourcing, I think everybody should be at least concerned with the thought of buying American. The biggest reason I bought a H-D is because it's as American as you can get. Not here to badmouth the other brands, as I like the idea of a new Indian, although I wish they would make a bike w/o the goofy looking fenders but use the big air cooled engine. I thought that's what they were going to do with the Scout, but it's a different bike altogether.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Clevy
BigCahuna said:
Cahuna. I like you. However you are very typical harley owner Spouting bias and whatever nonsense you've implied in this and many other threads.

Oh my god ... as I said before, the bias comes from metric owners most all the time. Go through any metric forum, the bashing always comes from them. Go to a Harley forum, they talk bikes.
Ive been in metrics for 8 years, never bashed a harley, been in Harley forums one year, never bashed a metric. To label Cahuna typical is bias.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Robenstein
"Union Made in the USA" is not the same as "Made in the USA" legally as far as the government is concerned. They can get by with that phrase because they altered the phrase in a way where it can be interpreted as it is union assembled at plants in the United States. Leatherup.com even had a blog from 2013 where it posted that Harley did not meet the "Made in the USA" standards that year and posted a link to a site that rates such things. It is on the website this year, but with a disclaimer. I am betting some models don't make the grade and some still are. In particular I bet the new Street 500 and 750 models will not be.

Another clever marketing trick.

It is a global economy people....let it go. Your hog is built with a bunch of Mexican, Japanese, Italian, and Chinese parts along with American ones. As long as the quality control is there...it should not matter. Very few vehicles meet the legal standards these days. And it is just one way the company is able to remain profitable.

Proof please? You cant call something a trick unless you can provide irrefutable proof that you are right and if you are please provide it. But you wont be able to.

I think the world agrees, Harley is an American icon.
Legal standards? I havent seen you produce any, if so, no matter how you look at it Harley is as American as you can get and why more of an American product then many things in this country.
A strong country needs to stand for something, ets get off this global thing, more so as your elected officials start to let foreign figures in the United Nations develop policy that you should live by.
Im not promoting Harley, I am saying its cool that its an American product. Believe it or not, we still are the greatest nation on earth, as much as some global people want to change that.
Ive already stated MANY times, I buy the best product/bang for the buck as I can and its cool, that I feel I got that with my Road King. So you need to get over that.

In your "global economy" as you state you cant get more American then this and to promote this country. USA HARLAY _ CLICK HERE!

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Silverado12
After seeing first hand the misery that goes along w/outsourcing, I think everybody should be at least concerned with the thought of buying American. The biggest reason I bought a H-D is because it's as American as you can get. Not here to badmouth the other brands, as I like the idea of a new Indian, although I wish they would make a bike w/o the goofy looking fenders but use the big air cooled engine. I thought that's what they were going to do with the Scout, but it's a different bike altogether.

I cant get past the Indian fenders either.
Without question for me, the fit, finish and materials of the 2014 Harley blew away any other bike I was considering in the same cruiser 1700 cc category, right down to the quality feel of the saddlebags.. Then add in the super smooth 6 speed, rock solid handling and I was sold. Yes, you pay for it but at least its there and kind of cool its American as Apple Pie, now adays.

Why is it when I disprove what someone is saying , I'm Bias? or bashing?. If people fail to believe history, why is that aceppted?

It's bias because everything you type is biased. I've never seen you write anything but negative comments about other brands. Why don't you criticize Harley for copying Zero's electric bike? It's bashing because you can't disprove what others are saying without making things up. Things like Victory owners can't afford a Harley, or Victory is copying Harley, even thou, Harley has never done what Victory is doing.

Harley needs to advertise as much as Mc donalds needs to advertise, who doesn't know about them?.

And still both companies advertise, despite your version of history.

And who disproved the point I made about Harley bringing their electric bike to dealers for test rides? And are considering putting the bike into production. That sounds like more of a noteworthy story then victory trying to race 1 electric bike they've cobbled together.

It's a fact that has nothing to do with this thread. When Harley announced it, I started a thread because it was news worthy, just like Victory racing is news worthy.
http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/topics/3401265/1

All I hear is lots of negativity when I shoot down the non sense others state here. Then get told to stop it?.

I've asked before, so I know you won't answer, but what nonsense was stated here? It's a thread about Victory going racing. No claims were made about their greatness or success. Just the fact that Victory is going racing.
If you used facts or at the very least, a well reasoned opinion to shoot down others nonsense, you'd get a lot further.

Originally Posted By: HerrStig
Saw a whole gaggle of "Union Made" riders today, 15 or 20, not ONE with a helmet.

9 dead
192 arrested in waco,tx yesterday

Originally Posted By: sunruh
HerrStig said:
Saw a whole gaggle of "Union Made" riders today, 15 or 20, not ONE with a helmet.
But were they shooting with union made guns? Is it required to wear a helmet when your shooting a gun in Texas?.,,,

Last edited:
Thread going nowhere with multiple complaints over bickering and borderline political talk.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back