FU XG7317 new look + tiny dent

Status
Not open for further replies.
So here is FU XG7317 new look, also does this tiny dent make any difference? Should I get it exchanged?

Stock number is A50482

Plant A, February 17 2015 shift 2

Also I remember someone asking if they were still being made in the
34.gif
and they still are as shown below:

Tiny dent on left by the red spot of the gasket

1b3Q6Hr.jpg

New look

8LPRkLZ.jpg

MADE in
34.gif

SM3ztlS.jpg

The can on the FUs are pretty thick and stout, so that dent shouldn't cause any issues IMO, I'd use it.

Both of the ones I have on the shelf have a similar tiny dent.

Not sure about the one on the car. Clearly I'm not worried about it...

Originally Posted By: DuckRyder
Both of the ones I have on the shelf have a similar tiny dent.

Not sure about the one on the car. Clearly I'm not worried about it...

Are you?
smirk.gif

crackmeup2.gif

Thanks every1, btw I only found out while looking for the batch code

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Stewie
So here is FU XG7317 new look, also does this tiny dent make any difference? Should I get it exchanged?

I think your mental stability would come into question if you tried to exchange that. Very nice gold metallic paint job!

As restrictive as those FRAM Ultras already are, no sense in taking a chance on having more restriction. Get it changed it out.

Originally Posted By: turtlevette
Originally Posted By: Stewie

I think your mental stability would come into question if you tried to exchange that. Very nice gold metallic paint job!

Originally Posted By: Merkava_4
As restrictive as those FRAM Ultras already are, no sense in taking a chance on having more restriction. Get it changed it out.

smirk.gif

Last edited:
What is your basis for stating they are restrictive? Another seat of the pants opinion? FRAM has continuously stated they have a 1.5DP which is not restrictive at all.

Originally Posted By: 2010_FX4
What is your basis for stating they are restrictive? Another seat of the pants opinion? FRAM has continuously stated they have a 1.5DP which is not restrictive at all.

I think Merkava is yanking your chain
grin2.gif

Whimsey

Originally Posted By: Whimsey
grin2.gif
.Whimsey
Could be, but with Merk you never know.

grin2.gif
.Whimsey

How true
grin.gif

Whimsey

grin2.gif

Whimsey

IKR

crackmeup2.gif

Looks like the dent was there before the paint. Maybe part of the manufacturing process of the can itself, before the filter was assembled. Just speculation, but I think if it were post-manufacturing damage, the paint would be scuffed.

Last edited:
grin2.gif
.Whimsey

Sure you know, he always yanks the chain.
grin.gif

PS - he thinks every filter is "restrictive" compared to that sieve WIX XP. LoL

Trolling.gif
hooked.gif

I was trying to catch ZeeOSix, but I think he's on to me.
grin2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back