Cab mounts

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello, I have a truck and it creaks (like an old door slowly closing) when goingover bumps or back out over the crested middle part of the road.

Ive greased allthe front-end zerk fittings pretty well, sprayed silicone onthe rubber sway bar holders, and even applied tire dressing on the axle stops. Also I get some chirping going over speed bumps.

Im guessing something is dry so I want to oil it before parts fail.

Thanks and good day!

maybe get some of that special BMW door seal lube that has been discussed here. HEE HEE
Motor Trend this month also mentioned their long term test BMW had squeaky door seals.

on a serious note could it be a metal flex problem? try a water hose and put water on certain areas to find it.

Originally Posted By: edwardh1
maybe get some of that special BMW door seal lube that has been discussed here. HEE HEE
Motor Trend this month also mentioned their long term test BMW had squeaky door seals.

on a serious note could it be a metal flex problem? try a water hose and put water on certain areas to find it.
Shaving cream works on door seals. Lanolin apparently does the trick.

Originally Posted By: HerrStig
Originally Posted By: edwardh1

Shaving cream works on door seals. Lanolin apparently does the trick.

Interesting,,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back