Toyota Venza FWD 4 cyl any thoughts ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
After driving the PT Cruise for 13 years, this 4cyl Venza has the power or a new Challenger to me.. ok, well maybe not that much. I priced Highlanders, they all had a ton of miles. And even with high mileage the prices were to high too even think about.

Originally Posted By: rustytoolss
After driving the PT Cruise for 13 years, this 4cyl Venza has the power or a new Challenger to me.. ok, well maybe not that much. I priced Highlanders, they all had a ton of miles. And even with high mileage the prices were to high too even think about.

A 2012 Venza (really 2012 Toyota) is light years ahead of your prior ride and built well. I think a great choice in terms of similar functionality with an upgrade overall and potentially better reliability.

I've forgotten what it was like to drive a "REAL" car. With a nice ride, quiet, and so much larger. It's like driving your living room.
Toyota says 0W-20. Does that sound right? Would you think of going to synthetic at 42,500 (when oil change is due)

0w20 sounds right. Which if I am not mistaken means synthetic, more or less. But PO might have run 5w30. Who knows. Find a good 0w20 and run it. Myself, I use TGMO, dealer has comparable price to Mobil from Walmart.

For my truck oil was due at 83k but I changed it at 80k, as I wanted to get it back to "fives": rotation every 5k, oil every 10k, etc. I am OCD like that. I do not know what the maintance minder is like on the Venza, but on mine it is a fixed 5k interval.

You might want to read up on the atf before it surprises you. Do you believe it is lifetime? Will you change it with non oem, or stick with WS?

Being just front wheel drive means you do not have to worry as much about mismatched tires as on an AWD. So that is a plus.

Yeah , oil changes at 5K, couple questions . So at how many miles should this " Lifetime ATF" realy be changed ? and can it be done ? at home ??

Last edited:
Oil changes are likely every 10k, the light is for rotations and oil changes every other, most likely. Never checked on a Venza though.

I recommend doing you own reading. A few believe it is good for lifetime, many do not. Some like WS, some do not.

I would youtube it, or at least find the procedure. Likely is more involved than you think it ought to be, but may not be as bad as many make it.

Just looked at the Toyota website. vehicles that use 0W20 synthetic oil, changes at 10,000/12 months. I'm going to print that for my paper work.

Last edited:
I have the AWD version with the 4 in it and its plenty sufficient for driving with multiple passengers, accelerating ECT. My only qualm is the 4 really doesn't get any better mpg than the 6.

Adding, I do my oil changes at 5k, given I no longer do extensive commuting. If you do a good bit of easy highway travel then keep an eye on the oil as you would any other car if you were doing 10k miles.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: rustytoolss
Yeah , oil changes at 5K, couple questions . So at how many miles should this " Lifetime ATF" realy be changed ? and can it be done ? at home ??

I cooler line flush all of my Toyotas every 50,000 with the WS. At 200k they still shift like new. That's when I trade them. Some people do 60k some 70k but I wouldn't go beyond 80k with the WS if you plan on going to 200k or beyond.

How much torque does the Venza 4cyl put out? My Outlander with the 4cyl/CVT combo that weighs a thousands pounds less is barely adequate with the 4cyl.

Unless you just want an undersized minivan for more money.
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: supton

What size tires, and what is the cost for all seasons? Will you be tempted to get snows? I think everything else is typical Toyota costs, but I want to say this runs fancy low profile tires.

I worked at a tire shop and mounted blizzaks for a pround owner of a new venza. That model rolled on 19" wheels (probably optional) and the stupid vehicle only held two of its own tires in the cargo area. The other two I had to dump in the back seat, and our tire bags couldn't stretch over them completely. I was worried I'd mark up the naugahyde.

What kind of SUV can't transport four of its own stock tires? Where's the utility?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back