Fuel Additive That Actually Works?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Techron and TCW3 for the fuel, LubeGard Red for the automatic transmission, and MoS2 for the engine. IMO these are the only additives that actually work and are cost effective (worth the money), and they are the only ones that I use and recommend.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Olas
SI1 actually works, 2EHN actually works, MOS2 actually works, the rest are mostly marketing.

Spell those out please. If you don't mine.

Originally Posted By: southernjeeper
SI1 actually works, 2EHN actually works, MOS2 actually works, the rest are mostly marketing.

Sure, no problem
smile.gif

SI1 refers to Redline SI1, it's cleaning power comes from Polyether Amine, a powerful detergent.
2EHN is the abbreviated chemical name for 2 Ethylhexyl Nitrate which is a cetane improver and ignition-delay reducer.
MOS2 is Molybdenum Disulfide, everybody's favourite solid lubricant, great for anti wear and smoothness, and some report better mpg too.

The important point is the ingredients in the additive. Certain chemicals are beneficial where others are snake oil.

You can thank OBAMA administration for helping mess your engine up too with 10-15 water attracting ethanol in your fuel system.

Stop with the nonsense. The Energy Independence and Security Act of 2007 was when it was mandated. I'll let you figure out who was president then. That guy signed it!

umm...

Gasoline containing 10% corn liquor was in wide distribution a couple of decades before anyone dreamed that there might be an Obama administration, way before anyone had even heard of this guy Obama.
You may recall when ethanol blends first appeared, during the Carter administration. It was called "gasohol" back then. That was only about four decades back.

Sure, no problem
smile.gif

SI1 refers to Redline SI1, it's cleaning power comes from Polyether Amine, a powerful detergent.
2EHN is the abbreviated chemical name for 2 Ethylhexyl Nitrate which is a cetane improver and ignition-delay reducer.
MOS2 is Molybdenum Disulfide, everybody's favourite solid lubricant, great for anti wear and smoothness, and some report better mpg too.

The important point is the ingredients in the additive. Certain chemicals are beneficial where others are snake oil.

I earn 20000 miles or so testing mos2 in my charger and gained mileage. Iirc I ran 5000 miles with m1 5w-20 tacking every drop of fuel burned. Then the same brand and grade with mos2.
V-8 engines seem to gain mileage. Anything smaller may have gotten better fuel economy but it wasn't measurable.
In my experience the stuff works. My small engines gain up to 2 hours of runtime per tank. With 20 compressors and generators running daily the cost in fuel does become significant.

You can thank OBAMA administration for helping mess your engine up too with 10-15 water attracting ethanol in your fuel system.

These comments crack me up...
crackmeup2.gif

Originally Posted By: fdcg27
umm...

Gasoline containing 10% corn liquor was in wide distribution a couple of decades before anyone dreamed that there might be an Obama administration, way before anyone had even heard of this guy Obama.
You may recall when ethanol blends first appeared, during the Carter administration. It was called "gasohol" back then. That was only about four decades back.

No facts please. Disturbs some people
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: Nayov

Stop with the nonsense. The Energy Independence and Security Act of 2007 was when it was mandated. I'll let you figure out who was president then. That guy signed it!

Shhhhh. No facts
smile.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back