Valvoline V0-106 (CUT OPEN)

Status
Not open for further replies.
So this filter I believe may have came off of a Toyota Matrix 2013 model year. I grabbed it out of the filter dumpster before leaving work. Unknown oil grade and time on filter. Not bad and it did its job I will say. Enjoy the pics.

rho31g.jpg

9r8478.jpg

2v8kftj.jpg

o88lkz.jpg

wsofvc.jpg

2iktm6a.jpg

2i23epg.jpg

2exr6tj.jpg

Looks like a rebadged pure one, and look no tears!!

Thanks for the photos Car51!

Eat your hear out Purohaters! Another good filter to go on my spreadsheet...

You are welcome jk_636. Any filter that I haven't cut open or saw yet let me know. I have access to tons of em'

Originally Posted By: 440Magnum
I've seen fuel filters bigger than that.

Purolator built, obviously. Looks OK.

Trolling.gif
hooked.gif

Last edited:
Car51 see if you cant find a Fram High Mileage filter. My father in law has an oil leak and it has slowed down dramatically by using HM oil. I would like to see if that HM goop in the filter actually works as advertised.

Looks fine. A Puro 'made for' Valv in Feb. of this year. And if it looks small it's the equivalent application to the shorty 14612/6607 size.

And using the Valv oil filter look up, as with many/most of the plethora of jobber filters posted recently, the VO-106 shown is a downsized/consolidated to the smallest size that will fit filter. The VO106 now x's to the larger 14459/3593A and the 14610/7317 size. In the first case, that's 'two' application sizes smaller, in the second it is one application size smaller. This is what most consumers fail to realize when they go to a quick lube/indie, filter could and very likely will be downsized to the smallest filter size.

All that said, might be ok but is not my preference. I at least want to see spec filter size.

As an aside, using Fram look up the VO106 not from a 2013 Matrix which spec either a cartridge filter or sae thread 4386/14477.

Thanks for pics.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back