Parts Master PH2835 Cut Open Unknown Mileage

Decided to cut open the filter that came off the 2002 Tracker 2.5 V-6 I just got. Unknown mileage, but I'm going to guess its been on there a LONG time. Anti-drainback valve was pretty hard. Lots of carbon deposits (nothing was attracted by a magnet) you can see in the can/baseplate and what I scraped from between a couple filter pleats. Seems like a solid filter that did its job. This thing holds 6qts and only 2.5 came out when I drained it. Timing chain start up noise has been eliminated with new oil/filter. Fram extra guard PH3614 and Chevron 5w-30 synblend went back in.

Attachments

• IMG_4981.jpg
    IMG_4981.jpg
    86.2 KB · Views: 48
  • IMG_4982.jpg
    IMG_4982.jpg
    106.1 KB · Views: 52
  • IMG_4983.jpg
    IMG_4983.jpg
    95.1 KB · Views: 50
  • IMG_4984.jpg
    IMG_4984.jpg
    88.8 KB · Views: 48
  • IMG_4985.jpg
    IMG_4985.jpg
    43.5 KB · Views: 43
  • IMG_4986.jpg
    IMG_4986.jpg
    75.2 KB · Views: 47
Great to have a quality filter on for those unknown miles! There's some chunks there. I don't see many of these Trackers left in my back yard anymore.

:oops: ... was the oil level ever checked? Dipstick probably didn't even register an oil level.
I ignored a lot of red flags when I bought this thing because cheap 4wd... Guy showed up where we agreed to meet for test drive with it running in park on a flatbed trailer, not tied down at all, said it had a bad battery and wouldn't restart if he shut it off.. so I pulled the dipstick with it running and knew it at least had some oil in it.. haha. Sometimes rolling the dice is fun. Also battery turned out to be fine, but it did have a battery terminal that needed to be replaced. When it was parked it did have the slightest line of oil on the tip of the dipstick..

Back