Another USPS rant

Status
Not open for further replies.
I spoke too soon. I received my first update at 9:30pm.

With first class packages, do you need to be home to sign for them?

Originally Posted By: dlundblad
With first class packages, do you need to be home to sign for them?

Generally, no.

In other news, I had a holster shipped from Oklahoma yesterday via Priority Mail. It departed Oklahoma City last night, and its estimated delivery is Friday. We'll see if it gets here on time. Most of my experience says that it will, but we'll see...

Got my oil filter wrench last night - USPS flat rate envelope on the outside, light cardboard-based USPS priority envelope in the middle, then USPS Tyvek-based envelope inside that. The seller knows how to get something through the mail. He has an EBay rating of 12000 something.

I don't suppose it would have hurt if he also put From: To: labels on all the layers, just in case it broke out during transit
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: Hokiefyd
In other news, I had a holster shipped from Oklahoma yesterday via Priority Mail. It departed Oklahoma City last night, and its estimated delivery is Friday. We'll see if it gets here on time. Most of my experience says that it will, but we'll see...

USPS delivered the mail...literally. The box is on my kitchen table at home, as estimated.

The biggest frustration I have with USPS is their tracking system. You generally see when it left the origin, but you don't generally see any updates until it was received at the destination post office. I know this holster didn't fly straight from Oklahoma City, OK, to Fayetteville, NC. It likely went through Raleigh or Greensboro or Charlotte first. But you never see intermediate steps in the chain as you often do with FedEx or UPS packages. So the receiver is left to wonder, "well, did they lose it or what?"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back