Do you use USPS informed delivery and worry about what's coming that day?

Actually, I only signed up when we went to Chicago last September, not knowing what it was.

I do worry when I see there is an unexpected insurance co. letter, maybe irrational. I'd rather not know and worry all day on why we're getting a letter.

This week I had seen a letter from the local Costco, was coming, the store that I go to at lunch for gas and sometimes stuff inside. My imagination ran wild.

Did that woman whom I didn't let cut, complain about me? Did they find out I returned an empty box and the 65" LCD was not really inside? What??!! I am often like Brad Pitt at the end of Seven, wondering what a letter or package actually is.

I should cancel the service, it's not for worry warts like myself. :LOL:

I look at informed delivery about once/yr. We have switched everything we can over to paperless, so we get virtually nothing important in the mail, which means the mail is mostly junk. I don't even think about what's coming in the mail.

:LOL: I use it. Get more annoyed when something is listed to show up that day and doesn't, but usually comes the next day. I do waste a couple of minutes wondering what could this be from time to time.

Edit: Like wwillson posted, moved a lot of important stuff to paperless (bank, brokerage statements, etc.) but still get mostly paper bills, so I can manually reconcile purchases/have a physical reminder to pay the insurance, various CCs, etc.

I've already have not gotten mail it said I should have. I reported it but I don't know how far that goes and it was usually important stuff but we don't actually have a mailbox at our house. I know that is the reason, the stupid community mailbox.

Actually, I only signed up when we went to Chicago last September, not knowing what it was.

I do worry when I see there is an unexpected insurance co. letter, maybe irrational. I'd rather not know and worry all day on why we're getting a letter.

This week I had seen a letter from the local Costco, was coming, the store that I go to at lunch for gas and sometimes stuff inside. My imagination ran wild.

Did that woman whom I didn't let cut, complain about me? Did they find out I returned an empty box and the 65" LCD was not really inside? What??!! I am often like Brad Pitt at the end of Seven, wondering what a letter or package actually is.

I should cancel the service, it's not for worry warts like myself. :LOL:
Just don't open the email until after the mail arrives and then use it as a checklist to confirm everything came that was supposed to.

This is best thing the postal service has come out with since air mail. I anticipate and look at that email every morning. Between Ebay, Amazon or Rock Auto purchases, there are three or four packages listed every week. Also love seeing the rent check from my one tenant every month and go to the mailbox as soon as it's delivered to I can get to bank and deposit it. The only letters that make me nervous for the day might be ones from government agencies or the HOA at my Florida place.

I use it and never worry about what's coming in the mail.
X2. A lot of the stuff that comes in the mail is unsolicited, including completely unimportant, and unsolicited, stuff from companies we do do business with. If you worry every every piece of junk that comes in the mail then you're going to drive yourself insane! And it's not uncommon for us to be expecting a piece of mail that is important, and that Informed Delivery says that is coming that day, and that they even shows a picture of it, but then they don't deliver it that day.

If you can't "let go" over what might be coming in the mail, then you need to drop "informed delivery". And IMO never receive your own mail and have someone else receive it for you and purge it of all the unimportant stuff and only give you the stuff that matters.

I don't get much mail. A few things from bro and sis every year and a statement once a month from my medical insurance showing my medication purchases from the previous month. The only other mail I get are credit card and insurance offers. I must get at least two offers from Discover card every week and Mutual of Omaha sends an insurance offer every month. I don't even know what they are offering ... it all goes directly into the shredder.

I don't worry about mail, or almost anything else for that matter.

• Helpful
Reactions: Fla
Yes, we have used it when we recently sold our home and had to stay at an apartment until the new home was finished.
It was fantastic knowing when to expect mail.

I can't stand the USPS. They're a drain on the taxpayer. That aside, I'm with @wwillson here. Everything I need to receive is paperless or else the USPS would lose it.

I’ve been using this service for about 5 years or so. I find it useful. It’s also a digital record of when and if I received a certain piece of mail. I never delete these emails from my account and can go back many year’s previous.

It's a great service and I still use it everyday.. Having a street mailbox, I can get a heads up on what is expected to be delivered for the day and be advised of any missing mail. The service has saved me a lot in gas money during 2018-2020 while I was caregiving in an adjacent city 15 miles away. . I only traveled home for important mail and normal upkeep of my vacant home during that time..

I've been using it since its inception. I like it. I may not be at my main abode for a week or two, so I know if important mail is coming.
Ditto on a street mailbox so if important mail is in the box I can have a relative bring it in.

I live in a small mountain community with no residential mail delivery. I love the Informed Delivery feature. That saves me unnecessary trips into town to pick up my mail at my PO box. I get the notices between about 7:15 and 8:00 AM daily and the mail is usually in my PO box by around 11:00 AM.

Once in a while I see an image for a piece of mail that may be puzzling or curious but I have never had anxiety enough to make a trip into town just to retrieve it,

LINK Literally in the article you posted. The USPS has been subsidized by the taxpayers for years.
Your link doesn’t work it’s a pay wall and I see nothing about taxpayers subsidizing the USPS.
I would be interested if you could come up with a source that says otherwise.

Or even better since you say the article I posted literally says otherwise simply just copy and quote it

I’m not saying you are wrong I’m saying you’re calling me wrong so provide the information to show that

Back