Our police made the news

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: fdcg27
The takeaway from these increasingly common incidents is that if they can do it to them they can do it to you.
Anyone who thinks that they could never be mistreated by the police is living in a fool's paradise.
We have rules that define all of our actions, including those of the police. This incident is an example of why we have these rules.

Exactly. Excellent points - some people just aren't smart enough to see it that way.

Originally Posted By: Dallas69
Looks to me he was resisting arrest.
This should be a good deterrent on crime.
Obey the law and this won't to you.

Resisting? No, especially after seeing a slow motion video on CNN. While lying face down in the dirt, he put his hands behind his back when the two officers got close to him. That's when you apply the handcuffs, right? Nope! He got kicked in the head first at least twice, then after the other officer kicked him in the nuts, he uses the taser to pound him in the head. All the while, his hands were still behind his back.

What were the cops thinking? Guy on ground, hands behind his back, IT'S OVER. There must be some adrenalin psychological fight response we're seeing here from the gang-cops. I'd like to be a cop just once, chase someone down, be mad at him, and then see if I could calm down once they surrender.

The County has decided $650,000 will shut up the bad boy they beat up.

I hope the County will deduct the $650K from the benefits of the idiots that had anything to do with the stupidity.

Originally Posted By: totegoat
The County has decided $650,000 will shut up the bad boy they beat up.

I hope the County will deduct the $650K from the benefits of the idiots that had anything to do with the stupidity.

The perp not only received that 650k, but no doubt he will be back on the street ONCE AGAIN harming innocent people. I do understand the frustration of law enforcement where they arrest these
rotten apples with multiple felony convictions and then the
ineffective criminal INjustice system keep putting them back out on the street to re-offend over and over and over again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back