New Truck, 2015 Ram 1500

Status
Not open for further replies.
Congrats on the new truck. Those look awesome in black.

I was looking at the new Dodge Trucks, they are nice looking. I really like the style and it seems Dodge has been getting the quality better and better. My favorite right now has to be the GMC Sierra.

Originally Posted By: horse123
Ay don't get me wrong I'd take that Ram over a Ford, Toyota, or Nissan truck any day.

^^ +1

Awesome truck! My dad has a 2013 Grand Cherokee which also has the 5.7 Hemi and its a great engine. He has about 50k miles on it now and it tows every other weekend. It tows great and with the Eco mode that shuts off 4 cylinders on the highway he gets 20 mpg. No issues yet and he really puts his vehicles through the paces.

Originally Posted By: MuzzleFlash40
Originally Posted By: hattaresguy
Nice truck, mine is due to hit the dealers lot this week, currently its on a train in Kentucky.

Thanks brother! What trim level/package did you get?

Just a base tradesman, should be a good work rig.

Originally Posted By: double vanos
The reliability of any vehicle has a lot to do with who drives and maintains them.
Not really.

Originally Posted By: horse123
Ay don't get me wrong I'd take that Ram over a Ford, Toyota, or Nissan truck any day.
Why I am in the market for a new pick up and All leave the taste of bile in my mouth . Big bucks little reliability.

Originally Posted By: hattaresguy
Nice truck, mine is due to hit the dealers lot this week, currently its on a train in Kentucky.

I am still excited for a review !!!

I did not get a 2500 or diesel. I got the 1500 which has an excellent rating. Ram didn't have 300,000 trucks recalled for catching fire. Neither does my ram have vibrating issues that thousands of Silverado owners have, even the 2 new ones I test drove were vibrating. Every chevy I've ever owned had issues. Replaced the trans in our impala several times and the 07 Silverado ate oil like water with it's AFM issues.

I get my info from the numbers on a specific model. Go on the GM-truck forum and the ram forum and see who is having more issues with their trucks.

Every manufacturer has models with issues, when it comes to light duty trucks chevy has more than others.

Furthermore, I do not care that you are a fanboy. Go rain on someone else's parade. Trying to make others bitter because you are bitter.

Just ignore the negativity. The hemi engine is more than proven itself to be the top of the heap as far as truck engines go and having 5 of them in our family from various years I can say I've NEVER had nor seen a single issue with them.
They are a great truck and dollar for dollar the best value going.
Chevy has a whole new engine coming out which the public will beta test for them,not that I anticipate there being problems but let's face it that the possibility exists.
If I was buying new the hemi is on the top of my list. Their engine tech is proven durable,the trucks are very nice and when comparing the big 3 as a whole in my opinion they are the smallest risk.
Haters gonna hate and I'm a mustang guy,but I'm also a sensible person and given the choice between hemi or Eco boost I'll go with hemi every time.

Originally Posted By: Clevy

Haters gonna hate and I'm a mustang guy,but I'm also a sensible person and given the choice between hemi or Eco boost I'll go with hemi every time.

I'm a Ford guy too, I'd pass on the Eco-Boost and go with a Hemi.

Thanks everyone! I'm going to add a spray-in bed liner, bug guard for the hood, chrome nerf step bars.

We will see how these tires do this winter before I change them to some Cooper A/T's or something.

I'll post some pics when it's not raining and get some good pics.

As much as like my Chevys, I think the new RAMs do look very nice. I am not familiar with the newer Dodge powertrains, but GM and all their ways to improve mpg has me leery of buying anything from them after 2007. We'll see how these new DI V8 engine work out as they age/ miles accumulate. I think RAM has an 8 speed auto without DI engines but I'm not sure? I see a lot of new RAMs so people seem to think like you. Enjoy your truck.

Congrats on the truck
thumbsup2.gif

Originally Posted By: CT8
The Hemi seems nice and the ZF trannie is super nice as compared to other offerings.

The 8 speed is really smooth, with a lightning quick first gear of 4.17 I believe.

My "old" 2014 Sport with the hemi/3.91 gears really scoots. The ZF 8 speed is a very well programmed trans, seems to know what you want.

Only 7500 miles but perfect so far. Look forward to the weekend when I get to drive it!

Congratulations on the new truck. My son bought the same model except 2014 year end closeout. He got the diesel and so far loves it. We live in MN and he's had 3 months of snow and ice and no problems with the tires. He also had the bed sprayed bought it through the dealer and was able to get a discount. It's a Rhino liner. He received a coupon for 15% off for parts etc and bought a stainless steel running rail from them and was very easy to put on. He did a little research chrome versus stainless steel and several people told him the chrome will rust. We need all the help we can get in MN to prevent rust. His goes from the front wheel to the back. There was just enough room to add weather tech mud flaps just something else to consider to keep the truck like new. He's now looking at a tonneau cover for it. Anyway enjoy the truck.

Originally Posted By: sciphi
Originally Posted By: NHGUY
Buick Verano is a Chevy Cruze...

It uses the same platform. It's a substantially different car under the skin and on the inside. Different (not shared) engines, different brakes, different suspension tuning/setup (Watts linkage rear on the Verano vs. a plain old twist beam rear on the Cruze, as well as substantially revised front springs/struts), and a completely different interior. Also different assembly sites. The Cruze is assembled at Lordstown, while the Verano is assembled in Orion Township. There you go for differences in quality.

Back on topic: Any plans for switching the tires, or do the OEM ones do all right in the winter?

Our Ecos don't have the Watts/Z-Link rear suspension. (and slightly shorter welds and thinner sheet metal in specific areas) The LT and LTZs get the Watts/Z-link.

The Eco is quicker 0-60 than the Verano in spite of displacing a full liter less.

But back on topic: I did an install on a new Laramie the other day. They've come a long way from the Daimler era acres of bland grey polypropylene interior days.
thumbsup2.gif

I am very happy with my 15 RAM 1500 Big Horn. Congrats if it can make me happy it can make anyone happy because I had a 06 1500 SLT and I thought it was the biggest piece of junk I owned. I test drove my truck and I am a very proud owner of a Ram again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back