2023 Ram 1500 eTorque

That sounds awful
Lol, it sure does sound awful but it works great. What I think is awful is there is/was a certain model of 1500 pentastar truck that had coolant lines running to the rear axle……get this….to keep the fluid warm for better gas mileage. It was called the HFE model.

Its probably the driver.
the 2020 ram with Hemi gets 17-19 when I drive it. 15 when my Dad drives it.

Of course there was a fishing trip to Canada with my 2011 forester.. I was averaging almost 25mpg with 4 people and towing a boat.
He took over for last 2 hours so I could rest. When we got there we were averaging 19mpg :ROFLMAO:
Agreed, my lifetime average on my 2018 Hemi is 20.2 at 30,500 miles.

eTorque is worth about 3mpg? The implementation is fascinating. I can feel it on deceleration, as its initial tip-in has an ever so slight tug to it. It is also a painless start/stop motivator. They supposedly also tune it along with the compression strokes during stop/start to reduce harshness, and also use it as brake force during shifts to negate the need for any braking action inside the transmission. It’s quite clever. I would be pleased to have it.

Did you do any eTorque burnouts? Could you feel it at all?

lmao no eburnouts but I have really beat the crap out of this thing to the point It was holding 5th gear on the parkway. No wonder it's returning 15 MPG on crappy Sheetz gas. Pittsburgh drivers suck.

etorque is upto 90 ft-lb
also can recapture energy while decelerating etc.
very mild 3kw 48volt system.
also makes the engine restarts fast for the start/stop system.

That’s awful mpg. What’s the benefit of eTorque?

Didn’t know they did a 3.6L eTorque
I didn’t think they had e torque with a 3.6 either, but I can’t say I’m on top of truck stuff, so I didn’t want to say anything till someone else did, haha.

Nice! I love these Rams. Not a fan of the etorque but my '19 didn't have it. I fared better in the mpg department though; 18 city and most on highway was 26.

The Ram 1500 is hands down the best full-size, half ton American pickup. The 5th gen (2019 intro) is frightening at how refined it is. It’s as smooth and quiet (maybe quieter) than my 300C. The 5.7 is a capable tow rig too for a half ton.
When consumer reports recommends an American vehicle, you know that automaker did their home work.
Chrysler is a foreign owned company,

What I think is awful is there is/was a certain model of 1500 pentastar truck that had coolant lines running to the rear axle……get this….to keep the fluid warm for better gas mileage. It was called the HFE model.
It kinda makes sense, heat up that thick fluid in cold weather. Seems like a good idea to me, as long as you don’t damage a line and spring a leak. Might not be so good on a tow rig though, no need for extra heat there.

Really bothers me that with all the name recognition they have with the Hemi moniker that they are ditching that engine. I can’t even wrap my head around how dumb a move that is - no other truck has even close to the name recognition that ‘Hemi Ram’ does.
I run a garage, and when I ask what engine is in their Ram truck, more often than not I get “of course it’s a Hemi, what else??”
Dodge is going to lose their pickup truck market, big-time!

Reactions: wtd
Those trucks are amazing especially in upper trims. I have a 2016 Ram Limited and been eyeing a new one but right now I just cannot pay these high prices and mine still looks brand new and runs perfectly with 140k miles all on 5w/30 full syn. Only issues I had were the leaking exhaust manifiold, eveything else (even the air suspension!) is still working as new. The new RAMs lower and mid trims look better than Ford/GM upper trims - they did the interiors very well.

Back