The McJob...The New Normal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
^Perhaps. My personal opinion is that we should be able to expect our elected officials to exemplify the best of us. Unfortunately, the best of us has not been exemplary lately.

Originally Posted By: Blaze
Since we seem to be competing with the rest of the world in wages/jobs its to bad our healthcare costs are not inline with the global market we compete in.
That is why the wages are dropping.

Originally Posted By: CT8
Originally Posted By: Blaze
Since we seem to be competing with the rest of the world in wages/jobs its to bad our healthcare costs are not inline with the global market we compete in.
That is why the wages are dropping.

Race to the bottom of the barrel so that a tiny elite can own
99% of the worlds wealth.

Originally Posted By: Mr Nice
In today's economy...

You either own the McDonald's franchise or you are at the grill flipping the burgers.

Today's economy? I think that has been forever. Youre lord of the manor or youre a serf.

Difference was that for the last 70 or so years, minus the last decade or so, the serf could do well enough to have what is considered the American Dream, even if it was the low end variety.

So when the money changers and the handled powers that be look to extract from the population, they use this own/flipping burgers type analog to create a rift too...

On one end, you have the low-end job performers who say "I deserve" because they show up and do work and create revenue for the business.

Then on the other end, you have the business owners who say "I deserve" because they put up some money/risk for a business.

And then you have the (generally employed) middling population type who in reality is a month or two away from losing most of what they own, but are getting by... And part of their bread and circuses is the circus of talking heads on TV who help to polarize them further, which creates more misalignment and dissatisfaction. What I dont get is how some who barely have a pot will often be the most vehement fighters for those whose lives and fortunes are the polar opposite of their own.

And then you have the union shills and everyone else who also help to polarize the population.

And then those who swoon over buying dumped third world goods to save a buck, while complaining about their unemployed neighbor pulling in off the government dole.

Do I smell a disfunctional situation?

Originally Posted By: antiqueshell

Race to the bottom of the barrel so that a tiny elite can own
99% of the worlds wealth.

The losers racing to the bottom are the uneducated, undermotivated folks that blame the elite that are racing to the top.

I do have a Mechanical engineering degree and that helped me be relatively successful in live. But no matter..the jobs I had before and during college were dreary (diswasher) and dangerous (quarry driller's helper.) I worked harder than anyone else there. I was going to be successful unlless I died. I have never raced to the bottom.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Mykl
Originally Posted By: Al
Originally Posted By: DBMaster
Also, in recent years the concentration of wealth has reached new heights of inequity. Life's not fair, yada, yada. But, as the rich get richer, the poor get poorer.

Most of the "poorness" is due to lack of common sense. Having kids when realistically you can't afford them. Along with it increasing numbers of uneducated immigrants, who also like to raise them on the gonernmment dole. Life is hard and you can't afford bad decisions.

Those aren't new problems. If you're American there's an extremely strong chance that your family once fell into the class of "uneducated immigrants." There's a similarly good chance that your family of uneducated immigrants were treated the same as we treat immigrants now; poorly, disrespectfully, with suspicion.

It's wrong if LEGAL immigrants are treated this way...illegals SHOULD be treated this way...

Originally Posted By: grampi
It's wrong if LEGAL immigrants are treated this way...illegals SHOULD be treated this way...

It's good to see that the age old tradition of dehumanization of others not like you is alive and well.

Dehumanization is a step toward scapegoating. It is much easier to blame someone else for your problems and persecute them than it is to actually try to attack root causes.

I have a good friend that has worked for the Port of Tacoma (longshoremen) since high school, about 25ys.

He mentioned last hunting season to me that his job as crane operator and those six figure income are going to come to an end due to mechanism of the ports coming soon and some already have.

Both he and his wife are huge consumers/spenders. Latest toys, gadgets new truck/cars every year. They also own several rental homes and hire out contractors to fix/maintain.

These are good paying jobs right out of high school if you work your way up and whether you like unions or not they are coming to an end it appears.

Eventually this will slam the local economy and place more people on the gov't dole as it trickles down.

dishdude,

Quote:
Show me some evidence, proof. I haven't seen any. The economy sure seems to be doing well for a lot of Americans. How did the ACA change how much a benefits package is for full time workers? Mine has remained pretty consistent over the last few years.

If you were working full time without benefits before the ACA, it sounds like you didn't have a very good job to begin with. At least now you can go on the marketplace and pick up your own insurance - something you couldn't do before if you had a preexisting condition.

Low-wage jobs drive gains in U.S. employment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JfwvYHkV1pA

A one month job report from a year ago? C'mon, you can do better than that.

It's good to see that the age old tradition of dehumanization of others not like you is alive and well.

It's sad to see the erosion of our country's laws and sovereignty by people like you...

Okay, you get the picture of my message.

I asked a moderator if I can post a job for the company I work, will be posting these jobs in the near future.

If they are illegals, they are here illegally. Why can't people like you see this?
06.gif
spankme2.gif

Unless of course you don't see a difference in the words immigrant and illegal..

Last edited:
OK, here goes. What is the real difference, to our overall social and business climate in the U.S. between legal and illegal immigrants? You realize that most of you are referring to Mexican immigrants, right? It was legal immigrants, who overstayed their visas, that flew airplanes into the WTC and Pentagon. Mexicans who come in without the paperwork generally clean your offices, mow your lawns, and build your houses.

I am not defending the practice. What I am saying is that you are devoting too much time and energy to arguing about it. There is a lot more red tape involved in emigrating to the U.S. than when most of our ancestors came here.

In other words, look somewhere else for the root cause of these issues. I have never lost a job to an illegal immigrant, have you?

It's sad to see the erosion of our country's laws and sovereignty by people like you...

He didn't mention "laws", "sovereignty" or "countries". He said "dehumanization". I am a lot sadder to see attitudes like yours; but am heartened that less and less people have them. The more people like you say things like the quote above about how illegals should be treated, the more decent, but usually-complacent people become disgusted; and the world, ironically, is probably made better! Your comments actually inspire people to adopt more progressive attitudes.

Originally Posted By: uc50ic4more

He didn't mention "laws", "sovereignty" or "countries". He said "dehumanization". I am a lot sadder to see attitudes like yours; but am heartened that less and less people have them. The more people like you say things like the quote above about how illegals should be treated, the more decent, but usually-complacent people become disgusted; and the world, ironically, is probably made better! Your comments actually inspire people to adopt more progressive attitudes.

The only people that support illegal immigration is those that benefit in the short term by the lawlessness of the situation....and those that desire the U.S. to become a "Progressive" (read Anarchy) State. The uninformed and modern day hippies will eventually reap what they sow when we become a full fledged Bannana Republic...that is the heritage of these illegals.

Fortunately I won't see it as I am 69.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back