NGK 7446 Laser Iridium at 190,000 miles

Status
Not open for further replies.
Those look pretty good. I'm getting ready to do a 100k mile service on our Fit, and likely will put in OEM plugs. With a dab of antiseize so they come out easily in another 5 years.

Originally Posted By: Patman
In Canada they cost me $25 each including tax! Ouch! (I was impatient though and bought them from a Honda dealer instead of ordering them from the US and saving a bundle)

US Honda dealers also charge $20-25 per plug.

The parts stores like Autozone charge around $15 each.

In order to get them at the $10 price I mentioned earlier, you gotta buy them online like at Rock Auto. BTW, they do ship to Canada, and it only costs slightly more than for domestic delivery
smile.gif

Those spark plugs are worn out. They're allowing compression to leak out. Look at all the orange/brown staining from combustion chamber gasses leaking out onto the ceramic portion where it meets the metal hex area.

Originally Posted By: mehullica
Those spark plugs are worn out. They're allowing compression to leak out. Look at all the orange/brown staining from combustion chamber gasses leaking out onto the ceramic portion where it meets the metal hex area.

They are not worn out and definitely not "compression leak out".

Those brown rings are called corona stain, and it's normal to all used spark plugs.

http://www.ngk.com.au/spark-plugs/technical-information/spark-plug-analysis

Q.

Originally Posted By: sciphi
Those look pretty good. I'm getting ready to do a 100k mile service on our Fit, and likely will put in OEM plugs. With a dab of antiseize so they come out easily in another 5 years.

No anti-seize needed, ever. Torque to spec and you should be good to go.

Originally Posted By: The Critic

No anti-seize needed, ever. Torque to spec and you should be good to go.

I agree! NGK actually recommends not to use anti seize, their plugs are already coated with something to keep them from seizing up in the engine.

i recently replaced the orig plugs on wifes 04 highlander with 190k on the clock. the denso plugs looked just like the plugs in the original posters pics. amazing for almost 200k. car was still running perfect so thats why i waited so long to do the change

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back