yet another airbus plunged from the sky

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Astro14
Originally Posted By: kozanoglu
Originally Posted By: 72te27
I'm waiting for something a touch more official and factual than a "French Prosecutor" declaring from his office in Paris that the F/O crashed the jet on purpose. He may have. I'm a little leery of jumping to conclusions. Crash explainations are rarely as simple as they may appear. Lots of reports that his breathing remained steady and even to the end. Even a mental case (or perhaps especially a mental case) is going to have involuntary physiological reactions to banging on the door, people screaming or, at least, the ground rising up to meet you. I'm not convinced he was conscious. There are modes on some Airbus aircraft that allow the autopilot to be manipulated through the stick or yoke vs. a mode control panel. Bumping the stick while going unconscious could have put the aircraft into a controlled descent. Not likely and not saying that's what happened, just saying it's a little early for officials over there to be making declarative statements, as the investigation has just started.

He must be innocent, a white Protestant good boy, can't do bad.

Can you keep your obvious racism out of this thread?

We got to see plenty of your bias in your posts in this thread: http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/topics/3678889/1

Same topic.

Ugly then. Ugly now.

Where did I mention race? Ugly post now by you.
I am pointing to your bias. You just can not bring yourself to call Andreas Lubitz
A Christian terrorist. That is what he was. But you would jump first if the terrorist were Muslim. Because the hate is there and you need excuses to show it.
This just shows your bias, your two-facedness, inconsistency.

Sorry if I pointed to it.

Originally Posted By: 72te27

I went from college to my first major airline job in a few months less than five years. I had given 2300 hours of dua
Total time is one thing. What you guys are missing with the ab initio thing is seasoning. Operating aircraft in a wide variety of conditions, literally experiencing the change of seasons and the operational changes and differences that brings to your aircraft operation is.

I was the assistant to the chief pilot. 1/2 flying the plane and 1/2 flying the desk. I did the first screening of the resumes and decided who was going to come in and interview.
The only thing I was told is: don't call in anyone with just Fla time:) We wanted people with real IRF snow and ice.

The other thing you had is college. That adds a lot and many don't have it. You can over look one thing if someone has college.

Last edited:
You just can not bring yourself to call Andreas Lubitz
A Christian terrorist. That is what he was. But you would jump first if the terrorist were Muslim. Because the hate is there and you need excuses to show it.

WHHAAAT? Where did he say - verified - that his motivation was a Christian world-view? Stalin is not called a "Christian terrorist," though he was raised Christian and his goal was breaking a cultural and political system. Ditto so many revolutionaries. Religion is not the common denominator of all psychopaths. If someone perpetrates an act of terror out of fundamental Christina beliefs, they would be called a "Christian terrorist." If someone does so out of fundamental Islamic beliefs, then they are an "Islamic terrorist." Somehow I feel the basic constructs of English and how adjectives work has revealed a desire to make a political point instead of an intellectual or symantic point.

Also, the quote you bring up is, and I have already encountered it on fringe web-sites, entirely un-attributed as of yet to any solid source. So far, appears to be dis-information and your desire to repeat it w/o sourcing it indicative of the same.

Originally Posted By: Oro_O
You just can not bring yourself to call Andreas Lubitz

WHHAAAT? Where did he say - verified - that his motivation was a Christian world-view? Stalin is not called a "Christian terrorist," though he was raised Christian and his goal was breaking a cultural and political system. Ditto so many revolutionaries. Religion is not the common denominator of all psychopaths. If someone perpetrates an act of terror out of fundamental Christina beliefs, they would be called a "Christian terrorist." If someone does so out of fundamental Islamic beliefs, then they are an "Islamic terrorist." Somehow I feel the basic constructs of English and how adjectives work has revealed a desire to make a political point instead of an intellectual or symantic point.

Also, the quote you bring up is, and I have already encountered it on fringe web-sites, entirely un-attributed as of yet to any solid source. So far, appears to be dis-information and your desire to repeat it w/o sourcing it indicative of the same.

Fringe websites? The British media. The Guardian, Daily Telegraph...fringe?
The terrorist had a plan, he wanted to change the system, he wanted to do something so everybody would remember him. He woke up to nightmares screaming 'we are going down'. Alps were his passion, he learned flying gliders over Alps. He killed 149 people there. He should have jumped down Golden Gate Bridge where he posed smiling before. He did not have the right to kill people. Some of his victims were Muslim immigrants to Germany.

Do you mean prerequisite for being a terrorist is being Muslim or claiming being one?
Nobody calls this poor troubled person terrorist. That is the problem to face. The media is trying to find excuses for his act. Sickness, depression, loss of his love etc. I do not remember seeing this effort shown towards 9/11 hijackers/terrorists. The only explanation is Andreas was not Muslim. One journalist asked the prosecutor about his religion. If he claimed being a Muslim do you HONESTLY think the conversation would be the same????

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back