Smitty's Super S vs Pennzoil "GOLD" blend

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello folks. Which of these two oils would you choose? I see that Smitty's Super S is a good product but Pennzoil seems good also. Which would you choose all things considered. I apologize now if this subject has been discussed

Having not heard of Smitty's before (not that it means anything) and given only these two choices, I would opt for the Pennzoil Gold--which by all accounts seems to be a good oil. BlueOvalFitter ran it in his F150 and I believe garnered good results from the run. I assume this is the one that you are considering from Smittys?

2010_FX4, I was or meant the blue bottle 5w20& 5w30 stuff. Thanks for the info
wink.gif

Yeah, the 2 out of 3 Wal marts near me finally have the QS blend in 5w20&30 but Pennzoil GOLD only in 5w30

Pennzoil Gold is the only blend I know of that states the amount of synthetic contained (50%).

I use both the Smitty's and Pennzoil High Mileage.....both work well.

Although I noticed that Smitty's gets blacker much faster. It runs pretty smooth on my Chrysler products (Dodge 4.7 and Jeep 2.4)

I'm sure Pennzoil has a better additive package.

I would use Pennzoil mostly because its a known product to me. I've never seen Smitty's or know of its quality.

Of course if it meets SN/Dexos1 then at the very least it would be a very good oil.

Yes, it has a stout add pack, I would love to find out from them if PYB and QSGB are using GTL or gas to liquid in their conventionals

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back