Wichita St beats Kansas

Status
Not open for further replies.
Glad to see this win. Being from Wichita its a good feeling to see them going to sweet 16. Maybe KU should focus on education more because their ego in athletics leaves much to be desired. Been thinking about buying a KU license plate not so much to be fair but so I can park in handicap parking stalls.

This year the question is 'who will finish second to UK'? I think Duke will lose to UK in the championship game....revenge for 'the shot' from Laettner in 92.

Originally Posted By: Marco620
Glad to see this win. Being from Wichita its a good feeling to see them going to sweet 16. Maybe KU should focus on education more because their ego in athletics leaves much to be desired. Been thinking about buying a KU license plate not so much to be fair but so I can park in handicap parking stalls.

I have a major problem with the high profile Basketball and Football Programs. I have to admit I am Penn Stater and our Basketball Program totally sucks and always will. Out Football will be in the mix for a NC in a few years (probably). But I am against this also.

Now as most know we totally own Women's Volleyball and mens wrestling. I can go along with that bc these teams earn their keep but are not a study in opulance.

I really like woman's BB and also (at PSU) both men's and woman's Ice hockey.

It won't ever happen but the Alabama's, tOSU's and others are over the top. Kentucky BB probably has more skeletons in their closet..but the NCAA is afraid to touch them Duke and NC..it all sucks.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Marco620

Congrats! I pulled hard for the Shockers last night!

Kansas has dodged playing WSU for years. They had it coming!

Kansas has avoided playing WSU for years. Being so close and in state would be good for both programs if they played one game every year. The 4 ACC teams in NC play at least one game per year and have for 60 years. Duke and UNC play at least twice a year and have the best college BB rivalry in the nation IMO and they're only 7 miles apart. UNC has been under investigation for the last couple of years for having several cript courses that were designed for mostly athletes who got good grades for not even showing up. Several profs a dept head and one tutor were either fired or forced to resign...and it ain't over yet. Boeheim and Syracuse are in trouble. Sadly, it's all about the dollar.

Go Shockers!
banana2.gif
happy2.gif
thumbsup2.gif

I taught Physics there for 9 years and took my advanced Aerospace degree there as well.

01.gif

BIL lives in Lawrence, KS. Need to put in a call to see if the town is on suicide watch right about now.

I always make sure I take as much Mizzou swag as I can pack when we visit
smile.gif
I miss the Mizzou/KU border wars football games.

Bill Self can recruit.

But, how good of a coach is he? Ummmm... did I mention that he's a great recruiter?

<<<<---- And being from Illinois, I've seen Bill as a coach (2000-2003).

ND ends the Shockers feel good story, Kentucky doubles up on West Virginia, Tarheels are done, Arizona sends Xavier home. My bracket was destroyed after the first round.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back