Moving into a 2015 Silverado for service work

Status
Not open for further replies.
I seen a new transit van the other day, it looks very nice.

Nissan also has a similar vehicle.

My dad has a much lower budget, but he uses a RAM caravan, pretty much a cargo van that they made out of a dodge caravan. That does him well also, but it is not for hauling huge weights.

Well I put a hold on the whole truck thing. Seems the truck is a little too large for some of the areas I work in.

Gonna check out the smaller vans.

Last edited:
Look at the high roof vans,pro master,transit and sprinter. Stay away from diesel.i have pick up with boxes and racks this winter was tough to deal. Good luck!

I'd stick with the Sprinter, Transit, Nissan, and GM. Not sure I'd trust a Chrysler FWD platform for long term reliability....

^^^That list of yours is always funny. Not sure where you determined how Nissan fits in there, and the new mini Fords are way too young to tell if they are any good either. But I'm sure some statistics are available and you will quote them ad infinitum!

ALL the lil mini vans are cute as long as you don't really haul anything. Wouldn't matter to me who made them.

OP, Get something full size with RWD and you'll get far more service and better value, resale is better too!

Originally Posted By: SteveSRT8
^^^That list of yours is always funny. Not sure where you determined how Nissan fits in there,

Nissan makes a full size work van, the NV series.

Originally Posted By: SteveSRT8
and the new mini Fords are way too young to tell if they are any good either...
ALL the lil mini vans are cute as long as you don't really haul anything. Wouldn't matter to me who made them.

Ford makes a full size, RWD Transit van. It's the replacement for the E-Series. You're confusing it with the Transit Connect, which is the mini, FWD van. I don't see where he recommended a FWD vehicle anywhere in that post.

Originally Posted By: itguy08
I'd stick with the Sprinter, Transit, Nissan, and GM. Not sure I'd trust a Chrysler FWD platform for long term reliability....

My hoarder relative drives a Chrysler Cargo caravan and its approaching 300k. Its first 150k were computer service company. The next 150k-300k has been her finding all sort of things including hardwood filled, gymnasim floors, granite, claw foot tubs, nice paving stones and random wood scraps. She has a tiny utility trailer that she hauls for finds too.

She delivered 7 granite posts to me weighing 300lbs each!! The reason she can load stuff so easy is she found some commercial aluminum rollers that can lock had it cut. She unlocks it and hooks the load and drives forward.

Amazing vehicle for $3800.

^^^Nope. Simply cannot be.

Don't you know all Chryslers are junk?

We used to buy Aerostars for one of our family businesses, they were great little vehicles. But you simply can't carry much weight in one safely.

Your neighbor's experience is similar to many folks I know with regards to Chrysler's minivans...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back