Amsoil SS 0w-40 now available.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: kschachn
wemay noted it says "at least Royal Purple '0w-40 and 5W-40 meets and or exceeds European specs ACEA A3/B3-04 warranty requirements", does that mean like M1 0W-40 it meets them? I'm guessing it does since ExxonMobil uses the words "Mobil 1 0W-40 has the following builder approvals" for LL-01 for example. Yet for ACEA A3/B3, A3/B4, M1 0W-40 states "Mobil 1 0W-40 meets or exceeds the requirements of", pretty much like the Royal Purple claim.

I'm guessing it has to do with the fact that ACEA spec compliance relies on self-certification/testing. Another words, as long as the oil manufacturer has tested it (and presumably has the results to prove it), they can claim compliance.

Originally Posted By: Mephy
I will use it next oil change since the 40 grade is suggested for my car, but there was no signature series for this grade before.

The car goes great the compression is definitely increased.

I will use it next oil change since the 40 grade is suggested for my car, but there was no signature series for this grade before.

The car goes great the compression is definitely increased.

I doubt you've gained compression. Did you verify this with before and after compression tests using a gauge?

No is just a sensation, I have better acceleration on low torque.

The car call for 40 I used to use 30, which is still ok, because there was no signature series with this weight.

No is just a sensation, I have better acceleration on low torque.

The car call for 40 I used to use 30, which is still ok, because there was no signature series with this weight.

What kind of car?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back