Shaving / Fragrance / Health / Relationship / Life

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Falken

Yesterday, for Valentines day took the girlfriend and our daughter to KFC (live a little, right?) then went to the Fairview Mall.

Quite the romantic you are!

mcrn,

DE shaving is WWI shaving tech that originated with Gilette after he got the blade production process down.

We all shave so we can stick on a gas mask without our beards leaving a gap on our natural rubber masks allowing us to get poisoned from mustard gas apparently.

DE razors use the blades you see in movies where people slit their wrists or make lines of cocaine with. People used to hang old ones around their necks like dog tags for whatever reason.

So, intriguing, yes...

As for your razor bumps, DE will cut them and they will bleed. Then I would use a styptic pencil and leave it scab so the hairs have a chance to stand in the bloody little pits.

After you heal, you have to read on the art of shaving to keep your face in good shape and to end the cycle of bad shaves.

Start with Astra razors if you are new to this like I am. Pick the Merkur that suits your personality.

Edwin Jagger seems to have threading issues with the chrome on their head, causing it to corrode and strip. But nice looking razor.

Once you absorb all this, start to learn your problem areas on your face and master them.

Me, I have a mole on my right mouth area between my mouth and jaw, my chin face, and my right neck area has the problems you describe.

On your neck, only do a SINGLE PASS WITH THE GRAIN.

Then, when your shave is complete, use a stinky face moisturizing aftershave balm, then pack a pea sized ball of vaseline into your problem neck area and jam it deep with the hair grain to keep the hair growing above the parallel plane of your skin.

This will slowly pull you out of your bad cycles of shaving and your ingrowns will disappear.

The_Eric, she's Chinese (born here) so she has an affinity for salty chicken and our daughter has nut allergies so we don't do the chocolate box stuff anymore.

On a side note, we do buy Nestle products that have the peanut free logo...

You guys ever shave "other stuff" besides your face?
grin2.gif

I sensed that you were hunkered down with the computer and feelin a bit of 'cabin fever'.

So far so good here, I figure we are more than half way through the winter. The Sun is up earlier and down later each day.

Soon have to dust off the bicycles.

Last edited:
Cjc, Yeah, got a bowl of Skittles going with the President's Choice Jalepeneo Poppers chips lined up next.

Bummed that the day is flying by, already almost 1pm!

Have to hurry up and relax!!

For the "other stuff" bikini razors work well - for both genders. If you perform that task with a DE razor you are far braver than I.

As far as the type of blades you see in wrist slashing and cocaine chopping go, I think you are thinking of this type of blade, which was used in a different type of vintage razor. These days, we use them in scrapers.

http://www.amazon.com/OEM-25181-Razor-Bl...dge+razor+blade

aquariuscsm,

If you are frugal, low maintenance, and you use bic disposables, then DE shaving is exactly for you.

Cheaper and the razor doesn't clog with soap and hair.

Also, throwing away plastic razors with your coffee grinds is far more wasteful that tossing a DE blades that go for around 10 cents each.

Also, a DE razor purchased once can last many lifetimes. Also, the weight of it allows for a smoother shave as it gives a cleaner pass from the heft not slowing on 4+ days of beard.

I'm VERY cheap and frugal when it comes to alot of things haha. Some of the things I will spend big money on (you can get it cheap if you shop right) is soap and hair care. I use natural/organic soap. I find that it doesn't dry my skin out and completely cleared up my complexion. I'm 46 and would still break out (I have oily skin) but the natural soaps cleared it up right after the first use. I also get razor burn really easily,so I have to be careful when I shave.

As for hair care,I still have all of my hair (which is very thick coarse and bushy). I use Paul Mitchell Awapuhi shampoo and Paul Mitchell Super Charged conditioner,along with Paul Mitchell The Conditioner (leave in conditioner). I alternate with Nexxus Therappe shampoo and Nexxus Humectress conditioner (with those you have to either find the original discontinued formula or get the Sally GVP generic knockoffs which are the exact same if not better formulations). Been using these since the mid 1980s.

A shampooing tip,only used a tiny amount (the very least amount possible) and distribute it in your hands and then apply it to your hair. Don't ever glob it onto the top of your head first (ex girlfriend of mine years back was a cosmetologist) .

Originally Posted By: Merkava_4
You guys ever shave "other stuff" besides your face?
grin2.gif

I'm a nurse, so yes, I shave anything I'm being told to shave. I'll also wipe butts. That's why they pay me the big bucks.

hotwheels

I have tried a beard, but always end up shaving it off. I rub it and play with it too much, it gets itchy then I end up shaving it off in a fit five minutes before work on a whim.

I work in an office so a beard is just a conversation piece all the time lol.

Yes, we are that bored at work that a beard is exciting.

Random thoughts . . .

Don't recall what my first girlfriend wore as a perfume, but Wife No. 2 often wore musk. Now I divide all perfumes into two categories: musk, and everything else. And yes, she used to trim her legs, and "other areas," with a bikini razor.

For years I used a Norelco electric razor. Its blades are dulled, and so recently I've gone back to double-edged razor shaving. A Merkur, long-handled (I don't know the number, and it's not on the box), Personna Red blades, Aveeno or Gillette gel, with a can of good old Barbasol as a backup. (Barbasol is an *old* product, did you know? A lyric in the 1947 play "Guys and Dolls" mentions it.)

Fortunately I have less face to shave than some people: I wear a "Commander Riker" style beard. Thinking about going to a goatee for the hot months, though; what do you think?

Coffee: with chicory. In the last couple of months I've reduced my use of sweeteners, thinking they're not good for your digestion, and mine does seem to have improved. I put maybe a sixth of a sweetener packet, or one of sugar, into a small cup of strong coffee and add a splash of liquid creamer.

I've gone to black coffee and don't purchase dairy products anymore. I treat cheeses as the luxury that they should be.

DE shaving has a great history, it is a fun hobby that is useful
smile.gif

Nothing beats a hot woman who smells great. You never forget the smell and the nostalgia!

haven't kicked sweets just yet. Like my coffee dark and with a teaspoon of white sugar--2 or more if really dark. Made steel cut oats today and put in a heaping teaspoon of maple sugar, and quickly realized it was way too much. No soda for years, occasional candy. The "fun" size is sufficient if i get a craving.

Haven't worn aftershave in years. I wonder about it sometimes, but just don't see a need. Wife wears none.

Shave after showering. Some fancy Gillette Mach 3. No shaving cream, just water. But it has to have been a hot shower. One pass with the grain, one against. Repeat about twice a week or more. Replace blade maybe once a month, or every other. Or when I get a good razor burn.

But it is winter, and I like my beard. I was not going to this year, but I did. Vanity might strike though for next year: the white hairs are getting more numerous. I think I look good in my beard, and my daughter thinks it makes me complete. Wife is happy to see it go in the spring, and I have to admit it looks ridiculous to see a bearded fat man in spandex on a road bike.

Speaking of which, that recent thread about obesity made me look up bmi, and I was sad but not shocked to see I fall into obese. this was the first New Years that I did not make a resolution to lose weight. I wanted to hit the gym first and build some upper body strength. Maybe another month and I'll try to lose weight. Again.

Relationship is good, married, with kids, so busy and little time for friends. Which means relationships in general are bad. Few more years and I can start doing more things away from family. Good thing I am an introvert.

Originally Posted By: supton
I have to admit it looks ridiculous to see a bearded fat man in spandex on a road bike.

It doesn't look quite as ridiculous as a bearded fat woman in spandex on a road bike.

hotwheels

Originally Posted By: hotwheels
Originally Posted By: supton
I have to admit it looks ridiculous to see a bearded fat man in spandex on a road bike.

It doesn't look quite as ridiculous as a bearded fat woman in spandex on a road bike.

hotwheels

crazy2.gif
shocked2.gif
crackmeup2.gif

Nothing beats a hot woman who smells great. You never forget the smell and the nostalgia!

Smells go straight to our hindbrain. The sense of smell is the point where the outside world contacts our nervous system directly. I can still recall the scent of fresh plastic when I first opened a new model kit, the smell of model paints, the scent of chocolate-flavored pipe tobacco, etc.

Wife? Hot (think Bailey on WKRP), but a sociopath. Of course, as the saying goes, the nutty ones are always hot.

mcrn,

DE shaving is WWI shaving tech that originated with Gilette after he got the blade production process down.

We all shave so we can stick on a gas mask without our beards leaving a gap on our natural rubber masks allowing us to get poisoned from mustard gas apparently.

DE razors use the blades you see in movies where people slit their wrists or make lines of cocaine with. People used to hang old ones around their necks like dog tags for whatever reason.

So, intriguing, yes...

As for your razor bumps, DE will cut them and they will bleed. Then I would use a styptic pencil and leave it scab so the hairs have a chance to stand in the bloody little pits.

After you heal, you have to read on the art of shaving to keep your face in good shape and to end the cycle of bad shaves.

Start with Astra razors if you are new to this like I am. Pick the Merkur that suits your personality.

Edwin Jagger seems to have threading issues with the chrome on their head, causing it to corrode and strip. But nice looking razor.

Once you absorb all this, start to learn your problem areas on your face and master them.

Me, I have a mole on my right mouth area between my mouth and jaw, my chin face, and my right neck area has the problems you describe.

On your neck, only do a SINGLE PASS WITH THE GRAIN.

Then, when your shave is complete, use a stinky face moisturizing aftershave balm, then pack a pea sized ball of vaseline into your problem neck area and jam it deep with the hair grain to keep the hair growing above the parallel plane of your skin.

This will slowly pull you out of your bad cycles of shaving and your ingrowns will disappear.

Thank you Falken! I will look into that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back