Choice of thermostat...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: circuitsmith
Don't bother the sensor. They tend to last forever, unless they fail [ha ha!].
Thermostats basically wear out.

Does make sense.....

Have you looked at the logistics of replacing the stat on a cobalt? It's on the back of the engine block, lower passenger side! Royal PITA to change. You basically have to jack the car up and get at it from the bottom.

Originally Posted By: Drew99GT
Have you looked at the logistics of replacing the stat on a cobalt? It's on the back of the engine block, lower passenger side! Royal PITA to change. You basically have to jack the car up and get at it from the bottom.

I believe that depends on the model year. Mine is on the drivers side of the engine (2006 2.2). Still a tight squeeze though, going to try it this spring.

Originally Posted By: 99Saturn
Originally Posted By: Drew99GT

I believe that depends on the model year. Mine is on the drivers side of the engine (2006 2.2). Still a tight squeeze though, going to try it this spring.

Yep, mine is same year/same spot. Plan to change mine when it actually gets warmer...

I wouldnt mind a stant for my truck, but factory is probably the way to go. The pump, housing and thermostat seem extravagant on this trucl. Chris in apple valley said its easy to,change them, but i still havent figured to get the belt off the fan clutch shaft.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back