PCV valve replacement.

Whenever I have gone to replace the PCV valve I never can find a Motorcraft branded one. I call the dealer and they have to order it for my 97 Ford F150 w4.6l engine. I have always believed that you should put on the OEM part when it comes to this particular part. So I'm going to ask has anyone had good luck buying the after market PCV valve for the 4.6 engine? In the past I have been cleaning the one I have but I'd just prefer to put in a new one now.

I could order one myself or just let the dealer get me an overpriced one. Also I notice that the after market valves aren't exactly the same as the one on my engine. The one on there now has an integrated elbow but the after market units are straight and require an elbow be fitted on them to install on my vehicle. Some brands include the elbow and others do not.

Anyway thanks for your input. The parts houses near me are Autozone Oriely and NAPA. I looked and even Rock Auto didn't offer the part. Generally I am in the category of I would love to just get the part now and get the job done.

Thanks

Last edited:
Motorcraft EV233 is too hard to get a hold of?
1705381444432.jpg

Shake it and if it rattles, it's good for further service. If you need to replace it , just order from your dealer and get a second one for next time.

I belong to a Ford Ranger forum and a hands on guru there says that the valving/venting action of PCV valves is very similat within engine size. Thus the applications for PCV valves is broad.

I too would want one that fit correctly in its grommet and didn't require any elbow fittings.

The Ranger gurus say to change the PCV (in the 4.0l SOHC, anyway) every 4 Winters in warm climes and every 3 in colder because they do clog and springs fail.
I avoid using gallons of solvent to clean cheap, gunked up parts.

The good news is that you can, as explained above, fine one easily. A HUGE unmentioned problem is paying for things on the interweb.
I, for one, don't like establishing "linked accounts" as you never know what kind of criminal has access to your life.

I'd avoid the cheapies as you'd never know how flimsy the spring is.

Thanks everyone. I'm after the original one. Mine has been in there for five years. Long enough in my opinion.

Back