What are my options for make the paint shine again

Status
Not open for further replies.
I should say what's my cheapest option? The hood is the same way. Will I have to get the car resprayed? Or clear coated? I have no clue. Thanks

F261A38B-0A92-41E4-B373-789D52338868_zpsezhocqyq.jpg

Looks like repaint time to me.

That's all the way through the clearcoat.

The rest of the clearcoat will peel off so I don't believe scuffing it with a reshoot will stick very long.

Paint it or trade it.

Take it to a place like Maaco or a cheap paint place and get them to respray the paint and clear coat.

On the other hand I may just leave it alone I really don't wanna spend the money on it. Ill be selling it very soon anyway.

Originally Posted By: DreamerGT
Im not above trying to fix it my self lol

if that's the case, you can always do the $50 DIY Rustoleum job:

from this:
vairbeforepaint.jpg

to this:

corsacurb.jpg

http://www.rickwrench.com/index79master.htm?http://www.rickwrench.com/50dollarpaint.html

or plastidip you car is also an easy option.

I wonder how a paint job for $299 could turn out. 6 years ago I spent $305 on the paint alone (at the paint store with the body shop discount) for the lower part of my car. The white pearl roof and labor were additional.
1960_Corvair-House.jpg

Originally Posted By: widman
I wonder how a paint job for $299 could turn out. 6 years ago I spent $305 on the paint alone

Your doors look darker than the rest of the body. That's the problem with shooting pieces separately.

OP,

Get a can of plastidip as mentioned above and give it some strategically located racing stripes.

You get what you pay for at Maaco. A real body shop is your best bet. That's about a $1500 paint job around here. Maaco may actually make the car worse, as the paint may start peeling and dulling quickly.

Originally Posted By: turtlevette
Originally Posted By: widman
I wonder how a paint job for $299 could turn out. 6 years ago I spent $305 on the paint alone

Your doors look darker than the rest of the body. That's the problem with shooting pieces separately.

OP,

Get a can of plastidip as mentioned above and give it some strategically located racing stripes.

I think that's the way the light is hitting it.

Last edited:
Wow, that Corvair looks good!
Of course, Widman's looks great as well, especially since it shows where BMW stole the design of its late sixties/early seventies sedans from. Squint a little and you can see a 1600 or 2002.
The OP should be aware that the only help for this paint is a fine sanding up and a respray.
Shame that the clear on some cars is so weak.
You see this with later Accords of the '98-'02 generation.
The early cars, like our old '99, had great paint.
The later cars, like our '02 not so much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back