Where did valvoline nextgen go?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: jk_636
Slowdime, if you hurry you can pick some up at your local Pepboys on clearance for $1.90/quart. That is a sweet deal, here is the link if you want to check it out:

http://www.pepboys.com/product/details/306016/00296/clearance/car_care_maintenance/motor_oil

No pep boys near by unfortunately. I always keep my eyes peeled for a good oil deal though. About to move into a house so I'll finally have a garage! A stash of oil would fit better there than in my apartment closet.

Ah yes, I too have experienced the oil stash in apartment problem. Congrats on the house. Im sure your oil stash will grow exponentially now!

Originally Posted By: jk_636
Ah yes, I too have experienced the oil stash in apartment problem. Congrats on the house. Im sure your oil stash will grow exponentially now!

Thanks
Stash, tools, parts, and an air compressor I need to pick up from my dad's house.

Originally Posted By: WobblyElvis
Is there any good reason to think that a perfectly good oil cannot be made from recycled oil? Wouldn't the refining process be easier than crude?

If I was to make steel, wouldn't it be easier to get from some crushed car rather than iron ore?

If NextGen didn't meet some spec, I doubt it had anything to do with where the base oil came from.

Anyone know what the problem was?

I'm extrapolating from the volatility problem that the PQIA found when they did their test; Valvoline couldn't guarantee quality control from batch to batch.

Originally Posted By: Kuato
Worse performance that VWB, and cost was the same. I like the idea of recycling oil but Valvoline's reasons for charging the same were invalid IMO.

Have UOAs to back this up?

This thread further solidifies the fact that it's the cheap clique here on BITOG that are interested in this slop. Nothing on how good it is (sales volume prove that anyway) only how cheap it is. That's all that can be said about that garbage.

Okay, OC, I'll offer that I used 10oz of Valvo NexGen 5w-30 to top off PP for 1k miles on Kitacam and it's running quite smooth and quiet.

Originally Posted By: camrydriver111
I'm guessing people didn't like the idea of recycled oil.

I too am guessing this was the problem ... in addition to the cost not being low enough in their opinion. I didn't have a problem with part of it being recycled oil ... I just never bought any of it -- no particular reason.

Originally Posted By: camrydriver111
I'm guessing people didn't like the idea of recycled oil.

I know I wouldn't use it.

I got 40qts that Wally had on clearance for 50 cents each
I have used it for 2 years with no complaints
Valvoline would not put their name on anything bad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back