Deflate-gate

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Dallas69
I have heard that they dont actually check psi
They only weigh each ball and it has to be in spec

I never could figure what weighing the balls does...

Originally Posted By: Dallas69
I dont think each team should have their own footballs
The NFL should supply them and the teams have to like it or else
That would eliminate all this madness

This^^^^

Vikas said:
1) You have to use absolute pressure NOT the gauge pressure. So add the atmospheric pressure to your calculation.
2) Wet leather expands which can lead to pressure loss because the volume expands
3) People lot more talented have posted actual scientifc experiments on youtube
4) No proof has been provided (or leaked) that officials actually *measured* the pressure of the balls. NONE NADA ZERO There is certainly no *documented* proof NOR the video of official using pressure gauge to measure the pressure.
5) Use Occam's Razor [/quot

You nailed it, you do the math with absolute, no gauge pressure (Psia not Psig).

Problem solved: All future footballs should NOT use ANY air.
Go with the Tweel technology instead. Cover it with pigskin.

tweel-airless-tire-2.jpg

Now what? SB is over and from all the indications, NFL found no smoking gun or even the dead body. I wonder what statement league is going to put out to put this behind them.

Both Hawks and Pats played their hearts out and the game could have gone either way. This was the best SB in my life time that is for sure.

From Pat's perspective the rookie is the defacto MVP!

Now they're saying the balls were not that off. Only one more than 2# and the rest less than 1#.

This whole thing was set up as drama to make more people watch the super bowl and root against the evil Patriots.

Just came out this morning( reported on the site I saw it anyway )that it was more than just underinflated balls by the Patriots in the AFC Championship game vs. the Colts. The same( or a different? )attendant tried to get an unchecked/non-approved football into the game and got caught. So it was underinflated footballs and also at least one football that was not inspected at all.

People can try and say nothing was going on, that it is just people and haters trying to take down the Patriots, but CLEARLY there was cheating by the Patriots in the AFC Championship game revolving around their game balls for whatever reason. Any person with common sense can see that.

Quote:
Report: Pats attendant tried to get unapproved ball into championship game

9 hours ago

A locker room attendant for the New England Patriots tried to get an unapproved football into the AFC Championship Game, ESPN's "Outside the Lines" reported.

The attendant, identified as 48-year-old Jim McNally, is in charge of the officials locker room. The NFL is investigating claims that the Pats used deflated footballs in the game, which they won 45-7.

McNally gave an unapproved game ball to alternate official Greg Yette during the game, OTL reported. Yette became suspicious when he saw the ball wasn't marked as official balls are and reported the incident to the NFL's Vice President of Game Operations, Mike Kensil. Courtesy of FOXSports.com

Originally Posted By: NHHEMI
Just came out this morning( reported on the site I saw it anyway )that it was more than just underinflated balls by the Patriots in the AFC Championship game vs. the Colts. The same( or a different? )attendant tried to get an unchecked/non-approved football into the game and got caught. So it was underinflated footballs and also at least one football that was not inspected at all.

People can try and say nothing was going on, that it is just people and haters trying to take down the Patriots, but CLEARLY there was cheating by the Patriots in the AFC Championship game revolving around their game balls for whatever reason. Any person with common sense can see that.

Quote:

9 hours ago

A locker room attendant for the New England Patriots tried to get an unapproved football into the AFC Championship Game, ESPN's "Outside the Lines" reported.

The attendant, identified as 48-year-old Jim McNally, is in charge of the officials locker room. The NFL is investigating claims that the Pats used deflated footballs in the game, which they won 45-7.

McNally gave an unapproved game ball to alternate official Greg Yette during the game, OTL reported. Yette became suspicious when he saw the ball wasn't marked as official balls are and reported the incident to the NFL's Vice President of Game Operations, Mike Kensil. Courtesy of FOXSports.com

They accidentally put a kicking ball in. All this garbage is coming out of ESPN. They continue to pump out misinformation but I guess that's OK because they're just sports writers not real journalists.

Originally Posted By: turtlevette

Quote:

9 hours ago

They accidentally put a kicking ball in. All this garbage is coming out of ESPN. They continue to pump out misinformation but I guess that's OK because they're just sports writers not real journalists.

What do you mean "accident"? The guy tried to give an official an unapproved football. So what if it was a kicking football it was not the proper one for game play. Also, don't gloss over the fact the guy in the report is not the one who should have been giving balls to the officials.

The whole thing just reeks. Something fishy was going on that day.

Something fishy was going on that day.

Maybe you're right, but it's not on the Patriots. The NFL just fired an official for selling a game ball per channel 4 news.

Me's thinking they don't have much credibility to accuse the Patriots of anything now.

That was seen during the telecast and the announcers talked about it
They were wiping off yhe wet balls and the official caught it and gave it back to the ballboy
It was a kicking ball
I dont think anything is going yo come out of any of this anyway
Except the Colts can get ready for a Brady ss whipping from now on

Originally Posted By: turtlevette
Something fishy was going on that day.

Maybe you're right, but it's not on the Patriots. The NFL just fired an official for selling a game ball per channel 4 news.

Me's thinking they don't have much credibility to accuse the Patriots of anything now.

And the Patriots are so trustworthy with boat loads of credibility? Come on dude, you are talking to someone who lives here. Don't try and pull the wool over my eyes. I have followed this team since the Plunkett era. I see the current team/leadership for what it is = win at any and all costs. That doesn't mean they did cheat in the AFCCG but rather I will not just give them a free pass on it the way the fans and local media have. I actually think it is highly possible though and I admit to that. IT sounds just like something BB would do.

I mean come on, it isn't like they haven't been caught cheating before or that they don't push every line, envelope, and gray area there is trying to gain an advantage. They are now reaping what they have sown and it is their own fault even if they didn't do anything wrong. Once you cheat you will always be thought of as a cheater.

I wish the people in this area would take off the fan glasses and stop blindly defending the Patriots as if they are angels. Cheating is cheating regardless of it being your favorite team/player or not. This is starting to remind me of the way Giants fans defended Bonds use of steroids. I see the same type of thing now from Patriot fans around here. IT is funny though because the fans around here slammed Giants fans for defending the cheater Bonds but now they do it because it is their team.

Fans are foolish and fickle.
crackmeup2.gif

Last edited:

And the Patriots are so trustworthy with boat loads of credibility? Come on dude, you are talking to someone who lives here.

If it makes you that mad I suggest you go skiing on sundays, take a drive, or work on your prepper shelter. You're from NH so I know [censored] well you have one or want one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back