Officer Wilson to not be federally charged

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: DoubleWasp
So when do we get to kill cops who place us in fear of our lives?

Well for one thing, if you're some nutbag white rancher in Texas and the cops are Feds, you get to threaten their lives just for showing up.

Originally Posted By: grampi
Originally Posted By: demarpaint
Originally Posted By: dnewton3
Originally Posted By: d00df00d
Fairness requires the rule of law. Rule of law requires sober discourse. Sober discourse requires everyone to be aware of the idiots on all sides, including their own.

Fairness has had it's say; the rule of law has been exercised.
The Rule of Law has presided and decided. It's done.

How many times should someone be raked over the coals for the same thing? Until you get the result you desire? That is not how our system works.

+1 Yet some people will beat it to death on the board until the thread gets locked.

This wouldn't happen if there weren't still so many people who believe the cop did something wrong...

We can blame the race hustlers for this. At this rate, things wont change even in my grand children's lifetime sadly.

Nice to speak for others, on both sides.

There are those who see this as a black and white issue. After all, the popular hashtag is blacklivesmatter. Why didn't the folks who came up with that hashtag just say alllivesmatter?

So to say that there are those who see this as a racial issues is an accurate statement.

I refuse to discuss institutional racism because it's a tangential issue to what happened. Even the federal government, an executive headed by a black man and a black attorney general didn't find that Wilson was engaged in a racist act violating Michael Brown's civil rights.

So to cry racism comes across as a smoke screen. Brown robbed a store and assaulted the owner and later attacked a police officer, reaching for the officers gun.

Cries of racism are a smoke screen for a young man who made poor decisions that day, and those decisions cost him his life.

Finally, I'll believe folks are serious about black lives matter when I see responses in proportion to who is actually taking black lives. When the protestors start burning down the homes and other property of the gang bangers who are killing one another instead of burning and looting stores and police cars when an officer defends himself from attack.

Michael Brown's death was tragic, and could have been avoided if Michael Brown made different choices on that day. This is true regardless the skin color of both Brown and Wilson.

Originally Posted By: grampi
The problem is, the people who are pro-Michael Brown don't care that he was in the wrong, all they see is a black vs white issue....

People keep saying stuff like this. It's like you all have no idea that this knife cuts both ways. The Wilson camp is just as infested with people who refuse to acknowledge institutional racism and are far too willing to make a hero of someone who guns down a young Black man.

This has always been my question when someone says they can't get a cab because of their skin color. OK, I'll buy that. But then how is the "white man is racist?" I can't remember the last time I was taken for a cab ride by a white man in the United States. African immigrants, middle eastern immigrants, Indians (not native Americans) seem to rule the cab world.

So if there is institutional racism in the cab world, who is to blame? Certainly not the white man as evidenced by who I see driving the cabs.

Originally Posted By: Mystic
Why is it d00df00d that you often come off as if you are quoting from a professor's lecture or quoting from a book?

You have any proof of that institutional racism of the police? Any statistics? In NY City over 50% of the police are from minority groups. Are they racist against themselves?

If you are talking about the police conduct of Officer Wilson it has already been demonstrated that he did nothing wrong. But maybe from your point of view he was supposed to allow himself to be beaten to death or shot with his own gun.

The broken incentive structure for DAs? I don't think there is any approved incentive structure for DAs to charge a innocent person. Both the grand jury and the federal investigation cleared Wilson.

I did not quote any college professor or quote from a book.

Java, your cab post is too funny but so real. I have never ridden in a cab in my life that was not a middle eastern or african immigrant driver.

But who wants to listen to the truth?
Regarding Michael Brown, I agree that he made some poor choices. I was taught from a very young age to respect the police and the job they have to do. If pulled offer, be respectful and polite and you should be fine.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: bubbatime

So when do we get to kill cops who place us in fear of our lives?

Bath-Salt-Symptoms-Watershed1.jpg

Why are cops putting you in fear? Only criminals should fear cops. Are you a criminal?

So all police investigators who work as internal affairs investigators are also criminals because they suspect police of wrongdoing?

So all police investigators who work as internal affairs investigators are also criminals because they suspect police of wrongdoing?

What does that have anything to do with the topic at hand. NOTHING!! I've known several IA investigators, I've been under IA investigations, I have testified in IA investigations about other officers. I've even been sued for doing my job too. Most IA investigators take the job as a stepping stone to a promotion. NO ONE, and I mean NO ONE, gets a job in law enforcement with the idea that they want to work in the IA unit. Most get told that if they want to get promoted, they will be required to do a stint in IA for 18-24 months.

And No, cops are not scared or terrified of IA. The only people that should be scared of cops are those that break the law, PERIOD. I've witnessed thousands of police/citizen encounters and not once did I witness a cop overstepping their bounds and threatening/scaring law abiding folks. Just doesn't happen around here. In Detroit, maybe, but not around here. I have seen law breakers that are non-compliant dealt with in a harsh manner to gain compliance. 100% justified and rightfully so.

The only people that should be scared of cops are those that break the law, PERIOD.

+1

DoubleWasp said:
What does that have anything to do with the topic at hand.

You said that the only people who have anything to fear from the police are criminals. The fact that police forces have an investigative bureau to protect citizens from the wrong doing of police officers indicates quite the contrary. Or are you saying that IAB were created to protect criminals?

Quote:
NOTHING!! I've known several IA investigators, I've been under IA investigations, I have testified in IA investigations about other officers. I've even been sued for doing my job too. Most IA investigators take the job as a stepping stone to a promotion. NO ONE, and I mean NO ONE, gets a job in law enforcement with the idea that they want to work in the IA unit. Most get told that if they want to get promoted, they will be required to do a stint in IA for 18-24 months.

And No, cops are not scared or terrified of IA. The only people that should be scared of cops are those that break the law, PERIOD. I've witnessed thousands of police/citizen encounters and not once did I witness a cop overstepping their bounds and threatening/scaring law abiding folks. Just doesn't happen around here. In Detroit, maybe, but not around here. I have seen law breakers that are non-compliant dealt with in a harsh manner to gain compliance. 100% justified and rightfully so.

It doesn't really matter what you have seen or haven't seen. It's a documented fact that police officers have engaged in and committed many many crimes. Not saying it is the norm, but it certainly does happen.

You can keep saying that only criminals have anything to fear from the police, but given the amount of police officers who have been charged with and convicted of crimes against persons, this statement is factually false, unless you're one of those people who feels that a criminal with a badge is not in fact a criminal. And that's not even going into general misconduct.

I think you are the one who is getting quite off topic, however. I never made any statements that people should fear the police at large. My original question (which was never directed at you) was regarding certain specific incidences, without making any assumption as to quantity.

A person made a statement that literally stated that in general, a person placed in fear of their life of another person should kill that person as a solution to the presentation of that threat. I queried if this policy applied to a citizen who had their life threatened by a police officer. Again, not only did I make no statement as to whether this does go on at all, but I didn't even attempt to establish the frequency of such an incident.

In order for my question to be reasonable, I only need show that there is even one police officer out there who has engaged in wrongdoing that would cause a person to be in fear of their lives.

Given the amount of police officers currently sitting in prison for everything from armed trafficking, to rape, assault, corruption, child molestation, weapons trafficking, manslaughter, and even premeditated murder after being arrested by the police for these crimes, establishing that citizens have had their lives threatened and taken illegally by police officers is pretty easy, and certainly undeniable.

That police threaten the lives of honest citizens is a forgone conclusion, and to argue against such, using personal anecdotes is what is irrelevant.

A straw man argument, in which you avoid directly answering the question I asked (and never asked of you), and insinuate that I am saying that people should fear all police under all circumstances is crafty, but I'm not taking the bait on that one.

But keep hammering away at a statement I never made, and a question I never asked if it makes you feel good to keep banging away at the keyboard.

Blah blah blah whining more whining and useless drivel

Cool story bro.

Are there bad apples? Sure. As a whole, should all of law enforcement be thrown out with the bathwater for the actions of a few? This isn't Nazi Germany you live in.

bubba, you're obviously personally offended here. I'm sure that's not what anyone intended.

Instead of lashing out, could you help us understand how we could frame this discussion so that it's clear that we're only talking about the (alleged) sins of a few?

I have an idea. And I am not quoting anybody or quoting from a book. This is me talking. I don't even have to use a dictionary.

How about if we lose the fancy terminology that means nothing without proof or meaningful statistics like 'institutional racism.' Because when somebody starts throwing around that kind of stuff that implies that there is deep-seated racism among all police. And that is simply not true. There are large numbers of police officers today from minority groups. For example, the two police officers who were shot execution style in New York City were both from minority groups. But I didn't see anybody marching to protest their deaths.

And while we are at it, how about that 'police conduct.' A grand jury found no evidence to indict Officer Wilson in the Ferguson case. I don't know exactly how many times that has to be repeated. Do I really have to repeat that? Okay, THE GRAND JURY FOUND NO EVIDENCE TO INDICT OFFICER WILSON. There are books in the library to inform people how the judicial system works in this country.

And how about that fancy terminology about the 'incentive system for district attorneys.' In the Ferguson case the DA was criticized for even calling a grand jury together. But he did anyway so there was no question that everything was above board and everything was being investigated. The grand jury found no reason for there to be an indictment. So what exactly is the DA is supposed to do? File criminal charges against Wilson after the grand jury found no reason to indict? Do we have mob rule in this country and just lynch people from the nearest tree? It might even be considered a criminal act if a district attorney filed criminal charges after a grand jury found no reason to indict. There is no incentive system for a district attorney to file criminal charges against somebody after a grand jury found no reason to indict. And if you were being investigated for something, I am sure you would want to also not be criminally charged if a grand jury had found no reason to indict.

So the next time you start throwing around the $20.00 big terms like 'institutional racism' I would appreciate it if you have proof and actual statistics.

This is the second time I have explained all of this and I am not going to do it again.

Last edited:

And while we are at it, how about that 'police conduct.' A grand jury found no evidence to indict Officer Wilson in the Ferguson case. I don't know exactly how many times that has to be repeated. Do I really have to repeat that? Okay, THE GRAND JURY FOUND NO EVIDENCE TO INDICT OFFICER WILSON. There are books in the library to inform people how the judicial system works in this country.

Well some people just don't get it, sadly. Either that or they want to troll or stir the pot here. We should be over and done with this, odds are it will end with a locked thread.

Yeah, I am done trying to explain it. D00df00d said this:

'Instead of lashing out, could you help us understand how we could frame this discussion so that it's clear that we're only talking about the (alleged) sins of a few?'

So who was the one 'framing the discussion' so that all police were being labeled as racists? Well, he was the one throwing around the 'institutional racism' terminology. He was the one talking about the 'incentive program for DAs.'

Let us use some fancy words here so we can look so clever. Let us 'frame this discussion' with 'terminology' that 'place emphasis' not on 'institutions' such as the police in whole but rather on the (alleged) actions of the direct 'participates' so as not to 'paint with a wide brush' unnecessarily the police as a whole.

Last edited:
Yeah, I am done trying to explain it.

Mystic haven't you learned? You can't say you're done, you'll get quoted and dragged back in.........lol

How about if we lose the fancy terminology that means nothing without proof or meaningful statistics like 'institutional racism.' Because when somebody starts throwing around that kind of stuff that implies that there is deep-seated racism among all police.

See, stuff like this is why I don't respond to your posts. I'm only posting this because others seem to have similar misconceptions.

You clearly have no idea what institutional racism means. Nor do you seem to have the slightest idea what I was referring to about the incentive structure for DAs. If you did, it wouldn't even cross your mind to post what you posted.

Well, I don't mind replying to you demarpaint.

I don't normally walk around trying to talk like a college professor. But I am pretty good at spelling even a lot of the $20.00 big words. At times I can almost pull it off and sound like a college professor, or maybe at least a graduate student. But that is not my normal manner of speaking.

It is true what you say. Some people like to keep dragging somebody back in to commenting on a post. And enough has been said in this post already. Or maybe some people just can't understand a lot that was said and they just have to keep asking the same questions over and over.

I hope we have 'framed this discussion' adequately. And, you will appreciate this, we need to control our paint strokes so as not to paint with too wide of a brush.

Does it matter what it means if the term makes him feel that one is attacking or criticizing a group as a whole rather than focusing on the bad actors?

Everyone wants to be understood and measured based on the content of the character and not the color of their skin, or their gender, or the vocation.

While you are free to use what terms you want, they may not help you solve the problem you claim you wish to solve.

To me, terms like institutional racism are as offensive as suggesting one race is inferior to another. After all, the term suggests that an institution can be racist. How is that any different than saying a race or gender or any other group is inferior?

Frankly, it's not. There are bad actors, and they should be dealt with. Pick any group, the previous statement applies. But don't place labels on entire groups. It was offensive when we did it to blacks, to women. It is no less offensive when applied to any other collection, including the vaguely defined "institution."
How about if we lose the fancy terminology that means nothing without proof or meaningful statistics like 'institutional racism.' Because when somebody starts throwing around that kind of stuff that implies that there is deep-seated racism among all police.

See, stuff like this is why I don't respond to your posts. I'm only posting this because others seem to have similar misconceptions.

You clearly have no idea what institutional racism means. Nor do you seem to have the slightest idea what I was referring to about the incentive structure for DAs. If you did, it wouldn't even cross your mind to post what you posted.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back