Ever heard of SouthWest Engines - reman'd Engines?

Status
Not open for further replies.
it does appear from reading the web site home page that they are used engines and not remanufactured, but i did not get past the home page...

Here is a sample quote, just for my curiosity...

Quote:

Quote # 6079356
Vehicle 2013 Dodge Caravan
Part Used Engine - (3.6L, 6 cyl, VIN G, 8th digit)
Price $2495.00 - Used Engine
3 Year Parts and Labor warranty included image
Shipping Free Shipping in the Continental U.S.
(*There is a $75 charge for all residential deliveries)
Mileage ~15,260 miles
Notes We Ship Low Mileage Used Engines Nationwide Daily!
Go to Secure Checkout

Receive Another Quote
SW Engines is the #1 engine supplier anywhere in the United States - period. Of course I know we are saying this about ourselves but it's just the truth. We supply a better product with a better warranty with the best service and we know it. We have literally spent years and many thousands of dollars to get it right - which is what we strive for, getting it right.

• This engine has been compression tested, cylinder leak down tested, checked for oil pressure and steam cleaned.
• This engine will arrive COMPLETE, minus Power Steering Pump, alternator, Starter, and AC Compressor. All the other parts that remain on the engines are only for convenience purposes. This engine has no sludge build-up.
• We have one of the strongest PARTS and LABOR warranties in the nation and a dedicated warranty department.
• NO HIDDEN FEES.
• All reasonable offers will be CONSIDERED.

Questions, Concerns, Feedback?
CLICK HERE TO TALK WITH US ON FACEBOOK

Thank You,
Parts Department - ext.3

Their price for a steam cleaned used engine was roughly the same as a reman from Rock Auto for a 4.0 engine for my Jeep. In the case of a 4.0 engine it may yet get piston skirt damage.

With a reman, there is a good chance the reman will eliminate weak engine components. If its a know weak spot most reman companies will use a stronger component. They do not want to deal with warranty work, neither do you.

I would go with a reman over a used engine any day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back