Will Liqui-Moly MoS2 void warranty?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I put some MotorKote in my sump recently. Can I put MoS2 in or should I run a couple changes before I add the MoS2? I reserved a couple cans from Napa for $5.67 each. Clevy's personal experience got me itching to try it. Cheap enough experiment.

Assembly lube that was heaped on spilling all over everything and was perfectly dissolved by the engine oil?
That would alot of excess lube a major amount.
Under warranty don't add additives got it.

Last edited:
Don't overthink this, car dealers arnt that sophisticated. Whenever a car came in with a sludge engine all we would do is check if they had an oil change receipt from the last 12 months. OEM would cover it. One guy came in sludged engine, 1 quart left in the pan, sticker said 24k miles since last LOF, got denied, he left there upset.

Within reason, Moly additive they will never know about it if nothing is said.

Originally Posted By: Fraser434
Don't overthink this, car dealers arnt that sophisticated. Whenever a car came in with a sludge engine all we would do is check if they had an oil change receipt from the last 12 months. OEM would cover it. One guy came in sludged engine, 1 quart left in the pan, sticker said 24k miles since last LOF, got denied, he left there upset.

Within reason, Moly additive they will never know about it if nothing is said.

This. I seriously doubt they will go to that trouble. Do an oil analysis without telling Blackstone anything was added. When/if the results come back. If somehow they are very sophisticated (which they aren't) you have shown yhou are concerned with engine maintenance.

Also if the engine suffers a catastrophic failure..an oil analysis is meaningless. I was a maintenance supervisor.we did routine oil analysis on hundreds of pumps and motors. When one had a serious failure...oil analysis after the fact were never done.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: demarpaint
Originally Posted By: Garak
Originally Posted By: Koz1
I asked the dealer if I could use a Moly additive, dealer says their oil dosnt have any Moly so no.
I did a UOA of my Factory Fill and it has 1440+ ppm of Moly dealer has no clue whats going on.

Maybe, maybe not. That number could be from assembly lube.

Bingo, that's where the smart money is.

I agree.

I had this Lucas assembly lube that was crazy high in zddp and moly,and I'm pretty sure with levels that high it would show up in the oil.

Originally Posted By: MrQuackers
I put some MotorKote in my sump recently. Can I put MoS2 in or should I run a couple changes before I add the MoS2? I reserved a couple cans from Napa for $5.67 each. Clevy's personal experience got me itching to try it. Cheap enough experiment.

It is inexpensive. I've found it pays for itself in fuel savings in v-6 or larger engines. I've used it only once in a 4 cylinder,my moms caliber and though it lessened the clackety clack of that engine I didn't notice any fuel consumtion changes driving in the city,but it did gain mileage on the highway.
I chalk that up to there not being much friction in smaller engines because theres less moving parts. Whereas a v-8 has more parts that touch therefore more benefit.
Be advised that Trav does have a point about potential settling out in an engine that is sporadically used. It's a non issue in my experience in a daily driver but in an engine that spends a lot of time sitting the possibility exists that settle out is possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back