High Mileage Oil+ Liquimoly oil Saver?

Red bottle Maxlife is a good HM oil for small leaks. I have used it many times in various vehicles to stop small leaks and it works well. I have used LM MOS many times as well and it works too. You may want to try the Maxlife first, give it a 1k miles, and see what it does. If no acceptable results add the LM and see if it helps. If you already have both you are out nothing if the Maxlife works, just save the LM for the next oil change.

Liqui Moly Oil Saver is up to 10% ethylene glycol monobutyl ether acetate, the rest is group III base oil. Don't mix it with any High Mileage Oil, unless you want to create a new problem. It's basically a seal sweller.

There are other similar products that are nearly 100% glycol ethers, like Lubegard Seal Fixx (yes, that's what it's called). I wouldn't use that one either.

Just use a good High Mileage oil and call it a day. Alternativelly, use a full SAPS Euro Oil (0W-40/5W-40) and add Lubegard Bio-Tech at 3oz. per quart of oil. This is safe. Mixing glycol ethers with High Mileage oil could make things worse.

After HM oil didn’t help I used HM plus LM Oil Saver and that did the trick. No adverse consequences. Eventually scaled back LMOS dosage from a full bottle to 1/4 per oil change.

After HM oil didn’t help I used HM plus LM Oil Saver and that did the trick. No adverse consequences. Eventually scaled back LMOS dosage from a full bottle to 1/4 per oil change.
I understand, I just don't want to give out bad advice that could cause someone more harm than good. I'm also the same way, if something doesn't work, I keep pushing forward. Thank you for your comment. :)

Ok perfect thanks everyone. I just didn’t wanna add LMOS and HM maxlife and cause any weird side effects. Although the maxlife is SN rated so the conditioners can’t be at some crazy level so I’d assume both mixed wouldn’t hurt

Back