LIQUI MOLY Molygen New Generation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone use LIQUI MOLY Molygen New Generation 5w30 oil, Is molygen new generation oil worth the price compared to other oils?

IMG_0984.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: hrv
I inquired to LM about this oil since it doesn't have any OEM approvals. The feedback below is from their office in germany.

In the end I don't find any advantage of LM products vs. what I get cheaply from WM (M1 0W-40, Castrol 5W-40, QS 5W-40, Valvoline 5W-40).

"Due to the fact the Molygen New Generation SAE 5W-40 is not as up-to-date and as superior as the formulation of the Leichtlauf High Tech SAE 5W-40 is, it does not reach the performance level of it in any area.
__

Our Molygen New Generation motor oils are our top-of-the-line products for American and Asian gasoline vehicles and based on our Special Tec AA oils, but already contain an additional added, unique additive formulation (MFC) for excellent wear protection. The formulation is well balanced and works with a synergetic effect for perfect chemical wear protection and surface smoothing.

The Leichtlauf High Tech SAE 5W-40 is our premium formula for you’re a lot of Euro engines. It was manufactured using the latest high-performance components and offers outstanding quality, the best engine protection and unrivalled performance. Of course, it is factory approved by well-known vehicle manufacturers such as Mercedes-Benz, BMW / Mini, Volkswagen / Audi and Porsche, thus it is the first choice for any engine where a motor oil according to current specifications is required or recommended.

The Molygen New Generation SAE 5W-40 is the only Molygen New Generation oil that is not based on a Special Tec AA oil. It´s also a top product and meets the requirements for various Euro and Asian / American vehicles. However, since it does not reach the level of Leichtlauf High Tech SAE 5W-40 in terms of performance, it is only a second choice in this particular case."

I inquired to LM about this oil since it doesn't have any OEM approvals. The feedback below is from their office in germany.

In the end I don't find any advantage of LM products vs. what I get cheaply from WM (M1 0W-40, Castrol 5W-40, QS 5W-40, Valvoline 5W-40).

"Due to the fact the Molygen New Generation SAE 5W-40 is not as up-to-date and as superior as the formulation of the Leichtlauf High Tech SAE 5W-40 is, it does not reach the performance level of it in any area.
__

Our Molygen New Generation motor oils are our top-of-the-line products for American and Asian gasoline vehicles and based on our Special Tec AA oils, but already contain an additional added, unique additive formulation (MFC) for excellent wear protection. The formulation is well balanced and works with a synergetic effect for perfect chemical wear protection and surface smoothing.

The Leichtlauf High Tech SAE 5W-40 is our premium formula for you’re a lot of Euro engines. It was manufactured using the latest high-performance components and offers outstanding quality, the best engine protection and unrivalled performance. Of course, it is factory approved by well-known vehicle manufacturers such as Mercedes-Benz, BMW / Mini, Volkswagen / Audi and Porsche, thus it is the first choice for any engine where a motor oil according to current specifications is required or recommended.

The Molygen New Generation SAE 5W-40 is the only Molygen New Generation oil that is not based on a Special Tec AA oil. It´s also a top product and meets the requirements for various Euro and Asian / American vehicles. However, since it does not reach the level of Leichtlauf High Tech SAE 5W-40 in terms of performance, it is only a second choice in this particular case."
I've often wondered how their lineup was put together.

Special Tec
Molygen
High Tec

actually i am using the 5w-40 molygen new generation. But haven't put many km yet on it.
Less engine vibrations for sure... engine running a little quieter than the previous oil. This is of course my personal experience.

__

Great information…Thanks👍

@TiGeo is the resident MolyGen expert. He probably has more experience with it than the rest of the board, combined. 😉
It's green/glows with UV. It has tungsten/W in it ("MFC"). Go for it. I have used the 5W40 Euro version extensively, it's fine but I don't think it holds it's grade as well as the Leichtlauf High Tech which does have the associated Euro approvals vs. this. Fun oil to use none the less. I'm not familar with the Asian/US blends of this product. I have posted VOAs and UOAs you can you search and find. I no longer use this product but would without hesitation.

Molygen UV.jpg

I have considered buying Molygen but it’s seems to not carry the specs I require.

Plenty other Liqui Moly products the meets the specs I require but I have always wondered what the fuss was about.

I have considered buying Molygen but it’s seems to not carry the specs I require.

Plenty other Liqui Moly products the meets the specs I require but I have always wondered what the fuss was about.
Just green with an added chemical friction modifier, nothing else really special and you are correct, at least on the Euro side with the 5W40, it's only "recommended for".

It's green/glows with UV. It has tungsten/W in it ("MFC"). Go for it. I have used the 5W40 Euro version extensively, it's fine but I don't think it holds it's grade as well as the Leichtlauf High Tech which does have the associated Euro approvals vs. this. Fun oil to use none the less. I'm not familar with the Asian/US blends of this product. I have posted VOAs and UOAs you can you search and find. I no longer use this product but would without hesitation.

View attachment 200921
and it glows in the dark too.... :ROFLMAO:

Made in Germany is a huge selling point to LiquiMoly buyers. I've always thought it was a cult like followed brand since I've been in the VW world. Seems everyone with any aftermarket part or tune on a GTI or Golf R runs it. I'm not saying it's bad. It's obviously good stuff, but considering it's more effort to get here than the usual Euro specc'd Mobil 1 or Castrol I've never bothered buying it. I've just never seen such a crazy following for oil that most wouldn't see as a mainstream brand.

Reactions: hrv
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back