reading quick lube stickers

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just purchased an used car with about 135,500 miles and no available maintenance records. I'm in the process of replacing all fluids. filters, belts, and spark plugs.

There is a "return for service" sticker on the windshield with 135,025 miles, date (12/26/13) and "Bulk". Not sure if that means the service was done at 135,025 or it's due (probably 3,000 mile OCI) at that mileage. I'm thinking the latter as the oil looks like it could have over 3000 miles (medium brown like maple syrup).

Thanks

Either way, sounds like you need an engine oil and filter change ASAP, along with the other fluids and maintenance.

LOF is likely a year overdue.

Merry Christmas!

My thoughts: Tear off sticker. Install BITOG level maintenance.
cheers3.gif

Last edited:
The sticker seems pretty self explanatory...

How else would you interpret "return for service?"

It's BITOG! We can take written word, jumble it all around until it reads how we want it to, then post it here and argue it as fact.

Originally Posted By: The Critic

Some quick lube places ask the customer how long do you want do go on ypur oil change. They have the ability to go from 3k miles till 5kmiles. About 95% of our customers chose 3k miles and that was our default mileage. The nice thing about the quick lube software today is they go by your vin number for history. So you check Valvoline, Jiffy Lube and others to see what might've been done to your vehicle. Now believing that that they did the job or even did it right is a topic for another time.

If it's a quick lube place chances are it's due for service. They also pretty much all do the 3K OCI. If they didn't they wouldn't stay in business. And yes, bulk means exactly that-bulk oil. Change it with your choice of fluids and press on with pride.

Originally Posted By: The Critic

Sorry for asking.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back