Accel ND 30

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just an FYI if anyone uses it - noticed today some Walmarts near Houston will no longer carry Accel ND 30w. Stock up while it's out there.

Last edited:
I would think someone would still carry it for compressor pumps and the like. It's ND for crying out loud. Not API SF or the like. I'd hardly consider it a "cheap" oil.

Originally Posted By: dlundblad
It's ND for crying out loud. Not API SF or the like.

Funnily enough, my local WM still has plenty of ND30, but the SF 10w-40 is gone.

Originally Posted By: qdeezie
Do ND oils even have a rating?

Maybe SA or SB

What purpose do non-detergent oils serve these days? I buy compressor oil for a compressor. Other than that possible use, get the stuff off the shelf.

The big issue is buying ND oil at gas stations, dollar stores and other retail outlets where consumers are clueless. I'm sure Auto Parts will still have it on the shelf due to its use as a "Break In Oil" and other gear box applications including service in air compressors.

I used to buy SAE 30-ND from Dollar General for my air compressor during its Break In cycle before switching to a dedicated compressor synthetic.. I've heard of people having flat cams from using that low grade motor oil in their daily driver because it was cheap and convenient.

Every spring the ND-30 flies off the shelf at the local WM here. Still plenty of old-schoolers that are absolutely convinced that ND-30 is THE oil to use for lawn mowers.

I use it in 3 of my Jeeps,...my 1984 Jeep Cherokee with the GM 2.8V6, in my 1985 Jeep Grand Wagoneers 360 V8 and in my 1993 Jeep Grand Cherokees 318. I use either ACCEL ND30 or Western Family ND30.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back