Royal Purple Max Boost

Status
Not open for further replies.
May actually be a product that increases the anti knock properties of a given base fuel. Contains MMT. Not labeled as street legal. MaxBoost
Discuss.
36.gif

The EPA allows a treat rate of8.3 mg Mn/l. of MMT, so my suspicion is that this product *may* have enough of "the good stuff" to exceed this EPA approved treat rate at the precsribed dosages.

If it says 'not for street use' I'm not using it in my daily driver. I'm not in the habit of making assumptions as to why a product may not have an approval. So, if the product mfr doesn't deem it important enough to test for approvals, I dont deem it important enough to purchase.

Originally Posted By: Garak
At least they're being forthright with the difference between "points" and octane number.

Yes, that is true as well.

Originally Posted By: wemay
If it says 'not for street use' I'm not using it in my daily driver. I'm not in the habit of making assumptions as to why a product may not have an approval. So, if the product mfr doesn't deem it important enough to test for approvals, I dont deem it important enough to purchase.

Well, it says that it's a racing formula, and not street legal, so there's that...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back