Post your owners manual recommended OCI here

Status
Not open for further replies.
'13 Nissan Sentra with the anemic 1.8l Renault engine suggests 3750 severe and 7500 normal. No OLM system. Just ran out of my dealer free changes so I'm going to do with M1 0W20 or some PP and take it 8-10k miles since we do mostly highway driving with it.

2011 Lexus RX350 - 5000 miles

2012 Honda Civic EX - OLM

2004 Honda Accord EX V6 - 5000 miles

2003 Toyota Corolla - 3000 miles

In the Corolla I do 5k mile OCI using VML. In the Accord, I go with a 1-2 year OCI as it doesn't get driven much. The other two are still under warranty so I have no choice but to the follow the owner manual recommended OCI. Once the Lexus is out of warranty, I plan to gradually shift to 7.5-10k OCIs.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Hirev
Thought this would be interesting.

Curious what everyones owner manual states is the recommended oil change interval no matter what vehicle brand and year you drive.

1. My 530i does not have preset intervals. It's "follow the OLM" which is based on amount of fuel burned. One OCI = 2375 liters of fuel burned.

2. The C300 has a 13K mile/1 year OCI.

My 2011 Buick Regal's manual says simply:

"When the CHANGE ENGINE OIL SOON message displays, service is required for the vehicle as soon as possible, within the next 1,000 km/600 miles. If driving under the best conditions, the engine oil life system might not indicate the need for vehicle service for more than a year. The engine oil and filter must be changed at least once a year and the oil life system must be reset." (Emphasis mine.) No mention of severe service vs. regular service.

My OLM indicates I could go 6000 miles on a fill. My dealer says they're recommending 5000 miles at the outside.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back