2 strokes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Somewhere on this board there really should be a separate section for only 2 strokes. I think they deserve their own catagory with sub categories of oil, cooling, etc. The next best thing would be to put it in the motorcycles, boating, small engine... or the lubrication and general automotive.

2 strokes have been legislated out of business for about 10 yrs. They're covered in the small engine s here and motorcycles etc. So you have the next best thing already
grin2.gif

Originally Posted By: andyd
2 strokes have been legislated out of business for about 10 yrs. They're covered in the small engine s here and motorcycles etc. So you have the next best thing already
grin2.gif

2 stroke snowmobiles and outboards are still sold today

Originally Posted By: 20pss
Somewhere on this board there really should be a separate section for only 2 strokes.

What's next? A separate forum for those that made it through jaundice or pneumonia?

Snowmobiles, dirt bikes, outboards, all kinds of small engines, even generators have 2 stroke engines. They are far from dead. Currently they are outdated technology, yes, but thats only because they don't have to be any better. One good example is KTM dirt bikes. They have had direct injection technology for a few years, yet have never released it. They are waiting until the EPA forces them to. 2 stroke engines are far from dead. If anything, the 4 stroke gasoline will be dead here shortly when they realize they are near their full potential. I think we will see a domination of 2 stroke gas motors, and 4 stroke diesel motors in the near future. That is until alternative fuels really catch on. IMO, it will be hydrogen.

That aside, is it really that much to ask for a new section?

Ski Doo has had direct injection since 2010 in some of the 2 stroke sleds. I don't think 2 stroke sleds are going anywhere for a long time. New engines are released almost yearly. Though the EPA is trying hard to make sure nobody has any recreational toys with engines.

Last edited:
There are numerous brands that make DI 2 stroke outboards. They are truly amazing machines. Against what the 4 stroke fans want to think, DI 2 strokes are generally more fuel efficient. The #1 advantage is that they can inject the fuel after the piston has closed off the exhaust port. That fact alone makes DI 2 stroke incredible. I wouldn't be surprised if we see on in a car soon. Well, in a decade at least.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back