One Oil - Two Labs - Two Different Results

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: GaleHawkins
When the report costs more than new oil and filter I just dump and go.
Ya, I never can understand how OCD guys are able to justify this. It is great entrainment to watch the mutual patting on the backs though :) Most UOA report and commentary read very similar to weekly horoscope in a newspaper.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Vikas
Originally Posted By: GaleHawkins
When the report costs more than new oil and filter I just dump and go.
Ya, I never can understand how OCD guys are able to justify this. It is great entrainment to watch the mutual patting on the backs though :) Most UOA report and commentary read very similar to weekly horoscope in a newspaper.

Ha. Awesome

Hopefully I am not the only one who sees similarity between the following two paragraphs!
==============================================================
"DON: This is a nice first sample from your Cayman -- especially considering this oil saw over 10,000 miles.
Universal averages in the far right column show normal levels of wear for this type of engine [Don: meaning, Gasoline] after about 4,400 miles of oil use. Your wear metals look great compared to averages on a much longer oil, showing that this engine is happy and healthy at 40,540 total miles and wearing much better than others of its kind. The only "bad" mark here was for a low flashpoint, indicating a trace of fuel present. That much fuel is harmless. The TBN was 3.7, good. Fantastic engine!"
==============================================================
This Monday, August 25 is a day worthy of champagne, caviar and confetti. With the new moon in Virgo energizing the skies, you’re having your astrological New Year. Sit down with your trusty journal and map out some resolutions. What grand goals would you like to pull off by the corresponding full moon in Virgo on March 5, 2015? Be a bit more “selfish” about it, because this is one day of the year that really is all about you. Besides, when you’re brimming with happiness, everyone around you benefits. So you may as well take charge of your own destiny in the name of lifting others up by sheer example. If there’s a chasm between your desires and your current skill set, begin the search for online courses, coaching and specialized training. Now is the time to invest in your own growth so you can spread your wings and soar.
================================================================

UOA definitely has served me well. It was the number one factor in disabusing me from the 3,000 mile oil change myth. It also proved to me that I could push out my oil changes all the way to 10,000 miles on all of my vehicles and still have very little wear. Additionally it proved to me that the 10 quarts of Mobil Delvac 1 in my Silverado was still good at 4800 miles even though it was three years old. Now that I know what I can do, I only do a UOA every couple of years to make sure nothing is going wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back