McDonalds McWrap, why not heated shell?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: raytseng
I bet you don't feel that way about the GM case just due to the media spin.

That's exactly how I feel about the GM case. I learned not to overload my key ring before I even learned to drive...

Originally Posted By: raytseng
Originally Posted By: SVTCobra
I am guessing adding heat will make your lettuce less than crispy and McDonalds rather keep millions of dollars in their pocket that they don't need to settle dumb lawsuits of people burning their hands (think coffee).

Just throwing in 2cents that you don't understand the hot coffee case at all. Suggest you google it, just so you don't use it as an example anymore.
People were getting burnt over and over on a weekly basis; and Mcdonalds would just pay them off a small amounts but did nothing to change their operations to prevent future injuries. They weren't even ignorant of it either, they kept logs and said it was the cost of doing business. Would that change your perception of the case.

If you give the GM faulty switch case your same treatment: . You could say all of those deaths are just been darwin's awards for idiots who bump their keys and cause their car to turn off, and furthermore are too dumb to know how to glide their powerless car to a safe stop. And GM in their right to just write that off as a cost of doing business rather then fixing it.
I bet you don't feel that way about the GM case just due to the media spin.

Someone is overthinking the statement. My point was that they don't want to pay millions more in lawsuits from people burning their hands from tortillas that are too hot since they should have learned their lesson from coffee that was too hot.

The whole coffee think was them serving too hot coffee.

and handing out drinks where the lids werent on correctly..

so you would slop it on yourself or worse.

180F burns you in less than a second

140-150f takes substantially longer.

The one lady had 3rd degree burns on her crotch.

If someone dumped boiling water on your junk would you sue?

Originally Posted By: Shannow
What were they doing placing red hot coffer in her crotch ?

That would be assault firstly.

She placed it there after going through the drive through in her grandson's car (car didn't have cupholders) and reached across for something and spilled the coffee. Partially her own fault if you ask me but Mickey D's shouldn't have served coffee that hot (granted hot water makes better coffee).

You buy fireworks for 4th of July and you light the fuse and walk away; suddenly you notice the fuse is burning twice as fast as every other fuse you have seen burn from other mfgs; you are unable to get away from the explosion fast enough and you are injured. The conclusion for many would be "you bought fireworks, what do you expect?" Upon investigation 100's of others have blown off hands.

I expect it to be consistent with reasonable guidelines of safety and the mfg to react accordingly when the chosen guidelines have not minimized injury to their customers.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Pop_Rivit

Sadly it's not just you. There are scores of people waddling into the false food joints everyday
Looks like Warren Buffet agrees.

Last edited:
Waddling....
crackmeup2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back