AC Delco PF47 Vs. Motorcraft FL321

Status
Not open for further replies.
Which one is better ?
35.gif

I personally would use the Motorcraft but I doubt there would be any measurable difference.

With the inferior Encore filter design of many AC Delco oil filters, I suggest the Motorcraft. Personally, I use the Fram Ultra or OEM in my vehicles.

Non ecore champ(ACDELCO) if it uses the improved filter media. The most trouble free filters I've used in 45 years of servicing vehicles.

ACDELCO filters are only e-core if there is an "e" after the part number (ex. PF47e)...no "e" and you have standard filter construction.

So if you are comparing standard non e-core ACD and Motorcraft filters, I'd go on price because they are pretty much equal IMO. I would choose the motorcraft over an e core ACD however.

Last edited:
The AC PF47s that had a long p/n of 25010792 were very good filters. The later 1925xxxx filters may be just as good but do not know yet. I bought a case of the old ones a couple years ago so I haven't looked into the newer replacement yet.

If u have a gm vehicle, delco Everytime. Ford vehicle, go motorcraft. Other makes,I would use delco over mc, but oem would be my first choice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back