Techron vs Redline SI-1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've used Redline and always had good results. Techron gets high reviews on here. Is it as good as Redline? If so, I should save some dough and buy it instead.

does it contain as much pea? possibly

I think the redline is a better product.. but I voted with my wallet and buy techron concentrate(not the pro-gard)

Last edited:
Maybe so, I don't know anything about Techron. Redline seems to work great every 5k or so.

Originally Posted By: lukejo
I've used Redline and always had good results. Techron gets high reviews on here. Is it as good as Redline? If so, I should save some dough and buy it instead.

You could also just use half the bottle of redline for the tank, and it'll be as effective as the techron; so that cancels out the price difference

It's my belief that they are two different but very effective products. I've always alternated between the two, once every 3k miles or so.

Originally Posted By: another Todd
I quit using techron because they market several varieties of fuel injector cleaners and I can't tell which is "the real" one. I just use Red Line or Gummout Regain. I do like Chevron fuel though.

Techron or ProGard. Techron is the one you want.

Originally Posted By: mjk
Originally Posted By: another Todd
I quit using techron because they market several varieties of fuel injector cleaners and I can't tell which is "the real" one. I just use Red Line or Gummout Regain. I do like Chevron fuel though.

Techron or ProGard. Techron is the one you want.

They all say "Techron" on the label.

The top shelf product right now is "Techron Concentrate Plus". That's the replacement for the older Techron Concentrate. As far as I can tell, the only difference is that it's more concentrated in a smaller amount of solvent.

img_tcp_bottle2.jpg

Gumout Regane uses the same detergent and at least on the bottle treats more gas than the techron does.

I think Redline is more concentrated yet, but is not as readily available as the other two.

I am formulating a cleaner base on Chevron Technology. I have the drums of the super concentrate made by Oronite, and various formulas for this concentration provided by them.
-- One for adding to gas station tanks for continued use.
-- One for low cleanup
-- One for medium cleanup (what they told me to prepare for a "high quality" to match normal fuel system cleaners)
-- One for high cleanup
-- One MAXIMUM

I don't know what the Techron formulation actually is. After some serious testing, I'm rolling out the "high cleanup" formula to blow away the competition next week. Mercedes (after testing) has already told me they want to provide several bottles in every new car sold along with the recommendation to use regularly.

(PEA of the concentrated drum is 70 to 80%)

Originally Posted By: Trajan
Redline Sl-1 has the most animes, but you won't find it at Walmart.

Animes??? You mean scantily clad Oriental girls with big green eyes and purple hair? No, not at Walmart. But you can buy your Zmax there.

Originally Posted By: dave5358
Redline Sl-1 has the most amines, but you won't find it at Walmart.

Animes??? You mean scantily clad Oriental girls with big green eyes and purple hair? No, not at Walmart. But you can buy your Zmax there.

Says the arch supporter of the product. How is your futile campaign to prove it works going anyway?

I suspect you knew I meant amines.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: dave5358
Redline Sl-1 has the most amines, but you won't find it at Walmart.

Says the arch supporter of the product. How is your futile campaign to prove it works going anyway? I suspect you knew I meant amines.

Amines? Are you sure? Simply deciphering your words is challenging. Please don't accuse anyone of knowing what you meant. I don't support Redline S-1. Why would you say that?

DAVEXXXX really sounds line your a puppet for ZleasMax.....Do you have stock,shares in the ZleasMaX??,company cheerleader for points???
crazy.gif

Originally Posted By: Oilport
DAVEXXXX really sounds line your a puppet for ZleasMax.....Do you have stock,shares in the ZleasMaX??,company cheerleader for points???
crazy.gif

Thus his nickname of Zarch in the Is Zmax worth.... thread.

Zarch, shorthand for Zmax arch-supporter.

Red Line SL-1 is available at Pep Boys and on Amazon.com.

Which one you choose may not be quite as important as consistent use and the correct dose including keeping up to date on your fuel filter and trying to keep your gas tank as full as practical especially in cold and/or humid climate. Also you might consider never topping off when you fill the tank. Those last couple of clicks can lead to problems with some cars. You can probably squeak by without that extra quarter mile of range if you're very careful.

Originally Posted By: OneEyeJack
Red Line SL-1 is available at Pep Boys and on Amazon.com.

I've also seen it at O'Reillys in central Tx.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back