Gumout Multi System Tune Up

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Eddie
Interesting that Gumpout states that it can clean intake valves in DI engines while the product is mixed with the gasoline. I think I would like a more IN-DEPTH explanation on who this is possible. Ed

They specifically said DI "injectors."

Poo poo, plain & simple. Seafoam was developed in the 30's to remove gum & varnish from 2 stroke outboard motors. It hasn't had a revised formulation since. It is best suited for outboard motors to this day. Gumout making an improved pale oil product, in similar packaging is purely trying to cut into the Seafoam market. A market made up of the misinformed and/or ignorant.

Stick with Gumout All in One, or Regane. I don't need any 2 stroke oil in my combustion chamber, neither do you.

Originally Posted By: Joenpb
Poo poo, plain & simple. Seafoam was developed in the 30's to remove gum & varnish from 2 stroke outboard motors. It hasn't had a revised formulation since. It is best suited for outboard motors to this day. Gumout making an improved pale oil product, in similar packaging is purely trying to cut into the Seafoam market. A market made up of the misinformed and/or ignorant.

Stick with Gumout All in One, or Regane. I don't need any 2 stroke oil in my combustion chamber, neither do you.

Good summary Joenpb!

The effective active ingredient in any Gumout Regane product is
the PEA detergent. That is the chemical that can atomize and give some cleaning power to DI valves and injectors unlike other conventional additives and detergents.

Originally Posted By: Vikas
Most likely for the vacuum induction; I think this is extremely cost effective as compared to the 3M kit. For in tank, I would stick with usual culprits aka proven entities such as Regane/3M/Techron/Redline etc.

Now to be frank, given how infrequent this treatment needs to be done, the price differential should be immaterial but I am kind of guy who likes bargains, so I fell for this and ordered a 4-pack from Advance Auto.

The Sierra I got yesterday with 120k miles was very sluggish and erratic idle.
Ran 2 cans of seafoam thru it half a can at a time and let sit 10 minutes before a spirited drive to flush it out.

Each successive treatment smoked less and less and by the time I finished the second can very little smoke show happened.
So all those guys yippin about there being no need for it and whatever else are dead wrong.
My idle now runs at a steady 500,it's like night and day as far as responsiveness is concerned and it was easy to do.
I'm looking to get an inverse oiler for this truck too.

gumoutproveit.com talks about the Gumout product.
it's not just a Seafoam copy, it actually works and has PEA in it.
Seafoam has ethanol, naptha and pale oil in it according to the MSDS. Based on that formulation most of the Seafoam claims are bogus. Can't clean, can't stabilize.

Originally Posted By: huskador
gumoutproveit.com talks about the Gumout product.
it's not just a Seafoam copy, it actually works and has PEA in it.
Seafoam has ethanol, naptha and pale oil in it according to the MSDS. Based on that formulation most of the Seafoam claims are bogus. Can't clean, can't stabilize.

gumoutproveit.com doesn't prove anything. They do not show any actual proof their product works.

What is your relationship with this product? Obviously, the question is intended for the person who just registered.

Last edited:
What is your relationship with this product? Obviously, the question is intended for the person who just registered.

I'm sorry! I didn't see this til a week later. Were you asking me?
smile.gif

Of course (NOT!), the huskador guy who just registered to tout the virtues of the Gumout.

Last edited:
Of course (NOT!), the huskador guy who just registered to tout the virtues of the Gumout.

Gotcha!

Actually, he registered in 2010.

You are right, I made a mistake. Since this guy came out of hibernation and posted this, I now actually give lot more credence to his assertion! So please ignore my previous snide remark and give due consideration to the new snide remark.

By the way, I did stock up on this chemical. Don't ask me why and how am I going to use it but the deal was too good to be true. I purchased 4 cans from Advance. I have extreme soft spot for fuel system additives :-(

You are right, I made a mistake. Since this guy came out of hibernation and posted this, I now actually give lot more credence to his assertion! So please ignore my previous snide remark and give due consideration to the new snide remark.

By the way, I did stock up on this chemical. Don't ask me why and how am I going to use it but the deal was too good to be true. I purchased 4 cans from Advance. I have extreme soft spot for fuel system additives :-(

I bought 4 cans too!
smile.gif

I put one in the gas tank of each car.

So two stroke oil is what makes this so appealing? I didn't realize there were so many cars & trucks with two stroke engines. Pale oil in 4 stroke combustion chambers can't be desirable or a good thing.

I'd stick with Gumout Regasne, All in One, or Techron. All proven, and none contain pale oil, or any other gimmicks like an imitation "Seafoam Can".

All these points should be common sense, but common sense isn't always all that common.

Free after rebate at Advance Auto now thru July. Can't beat free!

Doh! Didn't notice the "Product Rebates, Sales, and Promotions" forum. Sorry for the bump.
crazy.gif

Last edited:
Does anyone know whether the directions for adding it to oil at the rate of 1 ounce per quarts is for a quick flush, or for continuous driving??? The directions make it sound like the latter.

just a fan of Gumout is all. I like Chevron and STP as well because all of these companies seem to do actual research. I want proof that products work and they share more info that others like lucas and seafoam. If anybody has any info from them I'd like to review it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back