Went to buy a new Cruze today....

Status
Not open for further replies.
...and GM wouldn't let me buy it. About 10 minutes before I was going to sign the paperwork, Gm sent out a bulletin to all dealers putting a stop on all Chevy Cruze sales because of potentially faulty airbag inflator modules.

So now I still don't have a replacement car for the Cruze I got into an accident with.

IMAG0430.jpg

I'm sorry, I am still a GM fan but this stuff is really starting to turn me off to the brand.

I'm not trying to start a fight, or anything but my god.

Originally Posted By: redhat
I'm sorry, I am still a GM fan but this stuff is really starting to turn me off to the brand.

I hear ya! I was pretty grumpy. 10 minutes away! Ugh.

Originally Posted By: Jim74
Originally Posted By: redhat

I hear ya! I was pretty grumpy. 10 minutes away! Ugh.

You got lucky by 10 minutes, I'd call that a good day.

Originally Posted By: 123Saab

Hah. I see what you did there.

But I still need a car.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: expat
I would be interested to hear what the sales person had to say.

He was pretty [censored]. Just threw his hands up and was obviously exasperated.

I also feel bad for the dealers, they aren't GM corporate, and they're probably getting jammed in the you know what pretty hard with all of these recalls and stop sales orders.

Originally Posted By: ThirdeYe
Have you considered a different vehicle?

Yes. I like the Cruze, but hate shopping for a car. So I guess I'm still looking around. I hear good things about the Mazda 3.

Originally Posted By: Jim74
Originally Posted By: ThirdeYe
Have you considered a different vehicle?

Yes. I like the Cruze, but hate shopping for a car. So I guess I'm still looking around. I hear good things about the Mazda 3.

Can't say I blame you there, I hated searching for a car too. Time consuming and stressful, to say the least. I went with my mom to help her get a new car recently and that went fairly smooth, but when looking for my Firebird I spent months skimming through ads and weeding out shady sellers before I finally got it. She ended up getting a nearly-new 2013 Honda Fit Sport and she can't stop talking about how much she loves it. I took it on a fairly long road trip since the Firebird doesn't have much in the way of cargo room and the Integra has a few issues and it got great gas mileage and had tons of room for cargo. The engine is gutless when trying to merge onto the highway, but otherwise adequate. I, too, have heard great things about the new Mazda3 and had I been in the market for a brand new car, it's one I would've strongly considered.

Lots of car makers are affected by the Takata (Japan) parts supplier, I mean everything from BMWs to Toyotas. ... Cruze is a good design, Mazda3 or Mazda6 are the best out there though.

Originally Posted By: Jarlaxle
Drive a Dodge Dart.

Actually...while you're there, drive a V6 Avenger or 200!

I really wanted to like the Dart, until I started reading the customer reviews for it...

Originally Posted By: badtlc
If you are considering smaller cars, the Fiesta is an amazing car.

Wouldn't the Focus be closer to the size of his Cruze?

Granted, some people are having issues with the auto trans on the Focus. Manual trans seems to be good though.

Originally Posted By: 123Saab

+1 Agree. Wait for them to fix the problem, then reconsider. If it's still the car for you, do it. Better for them to fix the issue before you drove it off the lot, IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back