Surf City Garage products.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've noticed my local Super WM is carrying several different Surf City Garage products. I've never used their products before, do you guys have much experience with any of it? If so, what are your favorites?

Thanks!

I was really impressed with their "Beyond Black" tire dressing and like it a lot better than many of the others I've tried. It gives the tires a nice finish without being overly "wet" looking and has yet to turn my tires brown like other tire dressings. It lasts a lot longer then some of the others too.

I haven't tried any of their other products yet.

I've tried their Barrier Reef liquid wax. I found it very difficult to apply, even on a freshly clayed and polished surface. The shine was nice, and 2 months later the paint still beads nicely. But beyond that, I cannot speak to the longevity of the wax. It did however smell quite nice.

I, too, have tried the Barrier Reef wax and wasn't all that impressed with it. Like Klutch9, I found it difficult to apply, and also somewhat difficult to remove. I didn't find it to last real long, either.

My favorite wax is from The Wax Shop...their Super Glaze product. You don't see it much, at least not where I live now. You used to be able to buy it anywhere when we lived in California.

Originally Posted By: Hokiefyd
I, too, have tried the Barrier Reef wax and wasn't all that impressed with it. Like Klutch9, I found it difficult to apply, and also somewhat difficult to remove. I didn't find it to last real long, either.

That's too bad, I use the Liquid with the DA Buffer with excellent results & notice nothing of what you speak of!

BTW: The liquid lasts 2-3 months depending upon conditions, per a call to SCG.

Copycat company owned by a real estate developer. It's a step up from Turtle Wax and not too bad for the money but you can absolutely do better by ordering better stuff online from autogeek or detailersdomain (if you use a coupon code).

Dash Away is my favorite interior cleaner/protectant. Beyond Black is also great. Grime Destroyer is great for bug-gut removal. Their Wash-n-Wax is average. I have their VLR, but haven't tried it yet. I've heard their window cleaner is also good. Between them and Duragloss, there's very little reason to mail order.

^ Yep, SCG's Dash-Away rocks.

ONLY interior cleaner that got the PO's black marks off a tan interior.

Originally Posted By: gofast182
Copycat company owned by a real estate developer. It's a step up from Turtle Wax and not too bad for the money but you can absolutely do better by ordering better stuff online from autogeek or detailersdomain (if you use a coupon code).

crackmeup2.gif

No problems with the Barrier Reef paste wax, went on and off easy, great shine, the spray on detailer gives a great shine with a slick finish
thumbsup2.gif

Originally Posted By: aquariuscsm
I use the Leather Rejuvenator and the Barrier Reef spray wax and love them both.

I saw that leather rejuvenator, which looked good per the bottle, but the mods says there are silicones in it...

Originally Posted By: JHZR2
I use the Leather Rejuvenator and the Barrier Reef spray wax and love them both.

I saw that leather rejuvenator, which looked good per the bottle, but the mods says there are silicones in it...

It`s AWESOME!! Best leather stuff I`ve ever tried.

Originally Posted By: Darren270
I was really impressed with their "Beyond Black" tire dressing and like it a lot better than many of the others I've tried. It gives the tires a nice finish without being overly "wet" looking and has yet to turn my tires brown like other tire dressings. It lasts a lot longer then some of the others too.

I haven't tried any of their other products yet.

Beyond Black is one of the few products in the Surf City line I do like.
I have tried most all the products Surf City Garage has, and since I have a detail shop, I ordered almost all the products they have in the "Professional" line introduced this year to give them a test. Most the products from Surf City I have used do work, but I have found better alternatives that work better and cost less from other manufacturers.
I still remember emailing Surf City inquiring on gallon sizes of Beyond Black tire pro for detail shops, and 2 months later they had they gallon sizes for sale which I promptly purchased since I do really like that tire dressing.

It`s AWESOME!! Best leather stuff I`ve ever tried.

Perhaps but I understand that silicones are very bad for leather... So it may be the worst leather stuff too...

Someone here recently emailed Surf City Garage about the silicones stuff,and they replied back that their leather rejuvenator contains none at all. The bottle says it`s basically just beeswax and lanolin.

Someone here recently emailed Surf City Garage about the silicones stuff,and they replied back that their leather rejuvenator contains none at all. The bottle says it`s basically just beeswax and lanolin.

Yes - That be me!
smile.gif

They said it is very slight and there only for "sheen".

Call SCG for yourself, guys.
thumbsup2.gif

A couple of people (snowbirds) here in south Florida asked me to watch their old "winter daily drivers" over the summer and so I bought a bottle of cheap SCG spray wax to keep rain running off them...easy app every 2 months...

Originally Posted By: Turk

Yes - That be me!
smile.gif

thumbsup2.gif

What is very slight? The silicone content?

It is listed on the mass.

Originally Posted By: Turk

Yes - That be me!
smile.gif

thumbsup2.gif

What is very slight? The silicone content?

It is listed on the mass.

Here's a previous E-mail from Matt at SCG from 5/1/2014:

I found what the guy on the forum is talking about. If you look on page 3, it lists chemicals that are regulated in the different states. I talked to our chemist and he said that there are very trace amounts of this chemical in the product in order to provide a low sheen. Nothing to the amount that will cause damage like the silicone contents that you see in some of the protectants out there.

Thank you,

Matt

There you go.
smile.gif

Thank you! I cant claim to know enough of how much is the acceptable amount to harm/be of no effect to leather, but that stinks. Wish they would truly make it a pure product, sheen/shine aside. Im sure it would be great then...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back