Hydraulic oil fitler

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi All,
I had posted a question in the hydraulic fluids section about what oil i should put in my new 28 ton Dirty Hand log splitter and now had a question about the filter. I wanted to do it properly and ask in the filter section instead of continuing off topic there. I've read (possibly somewhere on here) what filter is used is more important then the oil used. My question is, how can i find which one will fit and what is a good filter? It has a screw on type like a car uses but didn't see a part number except for the Dirty Hand part number listed in the manual. Does it go by thread size? Physical size (length/dia)? All interchangeable? I found a post that listed Parker and Hydac with a part numbers after each as good ones, but i can't find any info if they are compatible with mine. Again, any help/thoughts would be much appreciated.
Hafiii

Have you tried putting the part number into a filter site cross reference like Wix, Fram, etc? That is the first place to start.

Any internet search engine results?

I've tried several searches and have not found much. I think it's a Dirty Hand number and not an actual filter number. Also tried to cross on Wix and Fram but without any luck. Wix i believe said it recognized the number but a replacement was not available and Fram needed more info. In the manual it lists 2. One is with the Dirty hand logo (#100116) and the second is generic logo (#100448).
Hafiii

The 100116 crosses into a Fleetguard LF4112, the other number you provided was not available through Fleetguard.

You should have a hydraulic supplier nearby, or an impliment dealer who can cross-reference the other number for you.

the LF4112 most likely is incorrect as it is a big engine oil filter for deutz engines.

Hafiii, go look at the actual filter on your log splitter and see if there are any other names or number on the filter itself.

The number I posted is more than likely incorrect, but its what returned in the search criteria.

More than likely your filter will be an Fleetguard HF6510. Its the filter I have on over a half dozen different hydraulic applications.

Fram 1653a or any other brand that crosses would more than likely work. That is a common size of filter used on splitters.

I have the fram filter on my splitter now. It looks like a well built filter.

i did work on industrial hydraulics for years. but never under stood why some didnt filter the micron down very far. and others did.

I pulled the filter again to inspect real well for any additional markings but found none. There is "made in USA" stamped on it and a 10 micron. Also a long digital stamped number (05091309474) that i searched but came up empty.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back