Oil cooler/warmer sandwich plate (Fl1a sized, 13/16-16)

BrendanC

$100 site donor 2024
Hello, I hope this is an acceptable place for this question. I have been looking to no avail on a sandwich oil cooler/warmer for a FL1a sized filter. looking for something along the lines of what is in the attached photo. 13/16-16 thread. all the ones I have found are m22x1.5
1712785822243.jpg

My Nissan Frontier had one. If it would work, you could just use the filter used on those trucks.
nope, filter head is much larger than a 7317 sized filter and the threads for the nissians are m20

You should be able to take that nipple out and replace it with what you want. The oil cooler sandwich plates and gauge adapters come with a variety of nipples with different threads on the end.

You should be able to take that nipple out and replace it with what you want. The oil cooler sandwich plates and gauge adapters come with a variety of nipples with different threads on the end.
don’t want a sandwich plate to pipe the oil somewhere, need a heat exchanger.

Pretty sure they are a standard length. If you get a remote filter adapter they usually come with 4 or 5 fittings for the different thread sizes needed.

I put a Ford SHO cooler on my Genesis Coupe for a while.

this looks thicker than sandwich plates i’ve seen. i’ll have to reach out to dorman and glowshift for specs. i ordered a hyundai oil cooler and center bolt to retrofit onto the 2003 accord 2.4l in my signature because honda is way too proud of theirs.

IMG_6526.jpg

IMG_6526.jpg

this looks thicker than sandwich plates i’ve seen. i’ll have to reach out to dorman and glowshift for specs. i ordered a hyundai oil cooler and center bolt to retrofit onto the 2003 accord 2.4l in my signature because honda is way too proud of theirs.

View attachment 213531

View attachment 213532
I saw many on eBay - they never identified the thread …
… but, did list vehicles they fit …

I saw many on eBay - but they never identified the thread …
… but, did list vehicles they fit …
i referenced the vehicles they fit on Fram's website and they were all M22x1.5....
the reason i am trying to keep it 3/4-16 is to use the stash of OG wire backed FS8a's. this is for my remote transmission cooler but i would like the transmission fluid to come up to temp a little quicker. I dont want to rely on the quick connect to AN adapters hanging off my radiator as i dont want them to crack the tank over time.

i referenced the vehicles they fit on Fram's website and they were all M22x1.5....
the reason i am trying to keep it 3/4-16 is to use the stash of OG wire backed FS8a's. this is for my remote transmission cooler but i would like the transmission fluid to come up to temp a little quicker. I dont want to rely on the quick connect to AN adapters hanging off my radiator as i dont want them to crack the tank over time.
Okay, used an XG16 the last time having a remote ATF filter ahead of a TruCool - later even smaller to get a finned aluminum jacket on the filter …

View attachment 213531

View attachment 213532
This will take a special adapter spud, the one made to use with it. Much longer and you will have to use the specific thread it comes with. Or use some sort of sandwich plate to put the adapter spud on.

Back