Royal Purple for HD Streetglide

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm just wondering about using Royal Purple 20w50 for the engine on my HD. I was planning on using Amsoil but a friend gave me 4 qts of the RP motorcycle 20w50. I haven't come across any forum comments or topics on Royal Purple so I was curious as to the quality. Thanks for any and all opinions on this.

They're free use them up, and let us know how it worked for you. My only experience with RP is with they're gear oil. Not impressed with it at all.

Any Royal Purple that contains synerlec it great stuff, but their API SN stuff lacks synerlec these making it overpriced oil. Synerlec puts it above the API SN Phosphorus levels.

Thanks everyone for the replies. Yes, it has the Synerlec in it. With all the oil debates I just had never heard anyone recommend the RP so I was a little concerned. Next oil change will be Amsoil 20w50 in motor and I think I'll try their Severe Gear in the tranny this time, I just have the 20w50 in there now and I've heard the Severe Gear will help with smoother shifting. I'm definitely an Amsoil person, but free oil AND filter I wasn't going to object. Well, he is borrowing my bike for a ride this weekend so there's that.

Originally Posted By: 901Memphis
Any Royal Purple that contains synerlec it great stuff, but their API SN stuff lacks synerlec these making it overpriced oil. Synerlec puts it above the API SN Phosphorus levels.

I think that's sulfur levels.

I ran Amsoil 20w-50 in Engine and Primary; SVT 75w-110 in tranny of all four of my Harleys with no issues. And, yes it will shift better, smoother...
I don't use Amsoil anymore due to the excessive shipping costs.

You're a good friend letting your buddy use your Harley
smile.gif

Went ahead and did all three holes. Used the RP in the engine, neighbor had just bought Redline Shockproof Heavy and had an extra qt so used that in tranny, and used Amsoil MCV 20w50 in the primary. Had already ordered enough Amsoil 20w50 for motor and primary and Severe Gear 75w110 for the tranny the night before. Guess I'll be set on fluids for awhile! Of course as the neighbor wandered over to see what I was doing and realized I was doing a full fluid change he asked if I could "help" him do all three on his Ultra. Translation: I did everything. Lol. And he still charged me the $20 for the quart of Redline.......
Anxious to get out and ride to see if I notice any difference in the shifting with the Redline in it. Had Lucas 20w50 in it before.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back