Napa Silver 31348 cut open

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stopped by the "can" today and found this little gem...came off a 18 hp briggs vanguard..customers unit...no idea on oil type or how long its been in service...oil is definitley very dark and thick on this one...filled'er up with some conventional 10w30 and a fram ocod/mileguard 3614..good to go..:)

Unusually wavy for a Silver. Wonder how long it was in use? We'll never know I guess but it's was still hanging in there.

As always, thanks for cutting and posting!

Clearly all NAPA Silver oil filters are defective now that we have seen one cut open.
wink.gif

What I find interesting is how the bypass seems to be separate from the ADBV vs. other Silvers which used a combination valve. Did I miss the news on the switch to this style? Or is it just specific filters/applications that are like this on the lower-priced WIX made filters?

I'm still unsure based on the pictures here:
http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=1948120
What the pro-select for this application uses; the combo valve or the separate components. Regardless, I'll probably be picking one up in the next few days to try out.

^^^ I think the ADBV/bypass combo valve is only used on the lower end NAPA filters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back